SV3C camera - FTO

jeffwkc

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm attempting to FTP to an SV3C wireless IP camera with FileZilla.
I've tried manufacturer recommended settings for FTP, and of course different protocol and logon variations in FileZilla. Is there anything special about connecting to an IPCAM vs a UNIX or WIN server that I'm missing?

Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Error: Could not connect to server

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there anything special about connecting to an IPCAM vs a UNIX or WIN server that I'm missing?
Are you sure the camera has an FTP server? It is more common for a camera to have an FTP client, for uploading snapshots.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm attempting to FTP to an SV3C wireless IP camera with FileZilla.
I've tried manufacturer recommended settings for FTP, and of course different protocol and logon variations in FileZilla. Is there anything special about connecting to an IPCAM vs a UNIX or WIN server that I'm missing?

Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Error: Could not connect to server
The cam's FTP section would be configured to upload snapshots to a web page via that host's FTP server.
Generally, the cam would be configured just as FileZilla would be to FTP to that same web site directory.

In other words, the cam is an FTP client just as FileZilla is; they both upload to a FTP server to place files into a specified directory (path) on the hosted web site.

In order to configure the cam, you have logged into the cam's embedded web page using the cam's IP, right? Unless the 'http' port is not port 80, it would be 192.168.50.131.