SV3C camera software.

intwoit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would anyone be so kind as to explain how to install the player for the SV3C monitor client? I says download player. Click on download, goes to server and says download, install. Open monitor client again and it says install player.

Anyone had any luck with this camera brand?

Thanks,
Al

Reaction score
Same results. Most of the camera's 'features' don't work. VLC will talk to it nicely with "rtsp://192.168.1.150:554/11" but I don't particularly want the SV3C PC software on my system so I didn't try it more than once.

Firefox won't show the video. Chrome will (at least on my Android cell). IE won't.

ds76

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one SV3C camera running and am putting up another one soon. My experience has been that the hardware is very good, but the software is pretty useless. I run mine as an ONVIF camera through a Hikvision NVR. If you have an NVR that can use ONVIF cameras or a Blue Iris system, SV3C cameras work well, but if you're using it as a stand alone camera, you will have a hard time with it. Most browsers do not support the plug-in they use, but you might be able to get it to work with the Pale Moon browser. That's what I use to view my NVR on a laptop. It is one of the few browsers left that support NPAPI plug-ins.

David77

n3wb
Reaction score
Would anyone be so kind as to explain how to install the player for the SV3C monitor client? I says download player. Click on download, goes to server and says download, install. Open monitor client again and it says install player.

Anyone had any luck with this camera brand?

Thanks,
Al
I was able to get IE on windows 7 to work with both the 2mp and the newer 5mp camera. I had to clear the cache then the plugin would install.