SV3C POE Camera working, plugged into NVR and now not working

lordtopcat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have an SV3C POE camera that has been working perfectly fine for the last 2 years. I'm moving out, so replacing my Blue Iris set up here with a HiLook NVR for easier management for my parents. I plugged my camera into the NVR but it couldn't detect it, then realized I needed to change some settings on the camera itself, so plugged it back in to my POE switch to connect to the camera and it is now no longer appearing on my network.

I've tried a different switch, POE injector into my normal switch, heck even plugged directly in to my router and the camera doesn't appear on my network anywhere. When I go back in to Blue Iris and search for all cameras, only my 2 others show up that I didn't try on the NVR.

I'm at a wits end - any suggestions from you good folk?

Cheers

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the cam have an assigned static IP on the same LAN subnet as the PC, such as 192.168.1.XXX ?

lordtopcat

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the cam have an assigned static IP on the same LAN subnet as the PC, such as 192.168.1.XXX ?
Yes it does. I realized I needed to assign the camera an IP on the same subnet as the NVR, but I just can't get in to the thing now.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it does. I realized I needed to assign the camera an IP on the same subnet as the NVR, but I just can't get in to the thing now.
Assuming you know that IP, can you power the cam with a POE switch or 12VDC adapter and plug a PC that's set to a static IP in the same subnet as the cam and with subnet mask of 155.155.255.0 either into the POE switch or into the cam and hit the cam's webGUI that way?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Assuming you know that IP, can you power the cam with a POE switch or 12VDC adapter and plug a PC that's set to a static IP in the same subnet as the cam and with subnet mask of 155.155.255.0 either into the POE switch or into the cam and hit the cam's webGUI that way?
Fairly confident @TonyR had a momentary keyboard hardware "oopsie".... Subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0

lordtopcat

n3wb
Reaction score
The settings on the camera are exactly as they were when it was working before plugging it into the NVR. I literally unplugged the working camera from my existing POE switch, plugged it into the NVR, didn't work so unplugged it from the NVR then back into my POE switch and now I can't access it at all.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you confirmed it is powering up?
Have you tried using the SV3C search tool software to locate the camera?

lordtopcat

n3wb
Reaction score
The light is flashing on the POE connector on the camera, and yes I've tried the search tool, which interestingly enough doesn't even pick up my 2 working cameras...so go figure?