Swan NVR8-7400 and a Reolink RLC-410-5MP

chaldz

n3wb
Reaction score
I read these two will work together but I haven't gotten it to work. I have the Swann NVR8-7400 and just bought the RLC-410-5MP camera. The NVR sees the camera but says Invalid PWD. The RLC-410 camera can be connected to via a web browser and the default username/password is admin and password is blank. I had read that all that is needed is a blank password. Is it possible this does indeed need to be set to something other than blank? I do know on the camera that if a password is set it must be 6 characters. Any help would be appreciated.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
how about simply setting a password on the camera, then set the same password for the NVR to access the camera. not sure i understand why this should be a problem...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I read these two will work together but I haven't gotten it to work. I have the Swann NVR8-7400 and just bought the RLC-410-5MP camera. The NVR sees the camera but says Invalid PWD. The RLC-410 camera can be connected to via a web browser and the default username/password is admin and password is blank. I had read that all that is needed is a blank password. Is it possible this does indeed need to be set to something other than blank? I do know on the camera that if a password is set it must be 6 characters. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome @chaldz

Reolink cameras have a reputation with regards to compatibility issues. Try to set the camera to use ONVIF, and set the NVR's channel which the camera is set to ONVIF and see if that helps. Do let us know if you are able to get them to properly talk to each other.

Also do double check the resolution compatibility.

chaldz

n3wb
Reaction score
how about simply setting a password on the camera, then set the same password for the NVR to access the camera. not sure i understand why this should be a problem...
On the swann NVR you can’t set a camera password. So the password it is trying to use on the camera is hard coded to what I don’t know.

chaldz

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @chaldz

Reolink cameras have a reputation with regards to compatibility issues. Try to set the camera to use ONVIF, and set the NVR's channel which the camera is set to ONVIF and see if that helps. Do let us know if you are able to get them to properly talk to each other.

Also do double check the resolution compatibility.
On the camera there is no enable/disable for ONVIF. Just a port # that can be changed. Currently 8000. Media is set to 9000. The NVR auto detects the camera at 9000. I tried swapping the ports on the camera between Media and ONVIF but the NVR followed the media port and began attempting to the camera on port 8000. Still with the error Invalid PWD. This Reolink camera is the same as the swann NHD-815 from what I read. I have 815 cameras now. Maybe a updated firmware broke the ability to get this to work. Any other ideas?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the camera there is no enable/disable for ONVIF. Just a port # that can be changed. Currently 8000. Media is set to 9000. The NVR auto detects the camera at 9000. I tried swapping the ports on the camera between Media and ONVIF but the NVR followed the media port and began attempting to the camera on port 8000. Still with the error Invalid PWD. This Reolink camera is the same as the swann NHD-815 from what I read. I have 815 cameras now. Maybe a updated firmware broke the ability to get this to work. Any other ideas?
Return the Reolink? Replace the NVR with Blue Iris + PoE switch?

Perhaps call Reolink tech support??

jacksgt

n3wb
Reaction score
Chaldz,
I just tried a REO 5MP on same NVR. Works ok. IP:172.16.25.5.9000 ADMIN PW:blank same as camera. Hope this helps.
Jack

chaldz

n3wb
Reaction score
Chaldz,
I just tried a REO 5MP on same NVR. Works ok. IP:172.16.25.5.9000 ADMIN PW:blank same as camera. Hope this helps.
Jack
Can you tell me which firmware you are running on both? On the NVR there is no method to adjust the password used in the camera right? My camera is at defaults, so admin and blank.

austwhite

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far as I understand, Swann NVR's only work with Swann Camera's. That is one of the big red flags with Swann. Happy to be proven wrong if it is possible, but I have not found anywhere on Swann's support pages that they support non Swann cameras.
Interesting to know one does work outside of their own ecosphere.
It might be time to ditch the Swann NVR and go for something more robust and able to use multiple camera brands. Blue Iris would probably fit that bill. :)

Last edited:

chaldz

n3wb
Reaction score
So i tested Blue Iris with the ReoLink RLC-410-5MP camera and it works perfectly fine. However I cannot get Blue Iris to work with the Swann NHD-815 cameras that came with the Swann NVR. But in testing all this I did confirm the Swann NVR needs the username "admin" and the password "12345". So to get the RLC-410-5MP camera working with the Swann NVR8-7400 I have to set the camera password to 12345. The problem there is the RLC-410-5MP default password is blank and if you change it, the minimum password length is 6 characters. So now i'm on the hunt to figure out if I can force the RLC-410-5MP camera password to 12345. If you got any ideas, I'll take them.