Swann 8ch dvr 1080p email setup problems

ArtDav

n3wb
Reaction score
Im having the biggest problem setting up my email notifications. Ive tried my gmail account, my aol, and yahoo. Did the correct smtp.....the 465 or 587......enabled ssl. Any help will be greatly appreciated......p.s. Im using At&t u-verse as my isp.

jbblack

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi ArtDave, If you haven't solved the email here is what will work. The Swann client does not work. Down load Reolink desktop viewing software. It is identical to Swann however if you set up the email in that client it will work. There is also a test button. Good luck.

ArtDav

n3wb
Reaction score
@jbblack....I can see all my cameras on my phone and the monitor I have hooked up to the dvr.....I wasn't using a computer..just the Swann Dvr connected to the cameras......Can you send me a link to the software you are referring to....Also how would I link my desktop to the dvr system... I'm just trying to set my email notification's up....Sorry I'm slow, lol so any help would be appreciated....

Last edited by a moderator:

jbblack

n3wb
Reaction score
@jbblack....I can see all my cameras on my phone and the monitor I have hooked up to the dvr.....I wasn't using a computer..just the Swann Dvr connected to the cameras......Can you send me a link to the software you are referring to....Also how would I link my desktop to the dvr system... I'm just trying to set my email notification's up....Sorry I'm slow, lol so any help would be appreciated....
Here is the Reolink page: https://reolink.com/software-and-manual/

Just install this on your PC. Use the settings from the phone: Name you called the unit (default is DVR) port# (should be 9000) IP address , user + admin password = whatever you set on the phone.

In the software there is a button to scan your network for the DVR, when it finds it it will give you the name of the unit, the ip address, the port, and the user. You just put in the password. Once the scan shows the DVR double click it and the boxes will fill in automatically.

Good luck

Pboo

n3wb
Reaction score
Im having the biggest problem setting up my email notifications. Ive tried my gmail account, my aol, and yahoo. Did the correct smtp.....the 465 or 587......enabled ssl. Any help will be greatly appreciated......p.s. Im using At&t u-verse as my isp.
Hi ArtDav, this issue is due to security changes that gmail has made to their smnp servers. Swann has published a notice on this issue.
See http://support.swann.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2498309-email-notification-issue