swann NVR-87300?

madmax

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Swann 87300 NVR 8 ch the hdmi port got popped surge or something. I know swann is not the best but I already have 4 good 815 cams installed.my question is what other NVR can I go with that will work with my cameras and still pull up on my phone? Not very computer wise so I would like to have plug and play.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I already have 4 good 815 cams installed.my question is what other NVR can I go with that will work with my cameras and still pull up on my phone?
I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that the Swann NHD-815 cameras are proprietary to Swann and as such would not be compatible with other NVRs that support ONVIF and RTSP for 3rd party cameras.

**edit** From the bhp page Swann NHD-815 3MP Day/Night IR Network Camera
Though this may relate as much to the NVRs as the camera.
My whole impression and experience of Swann is - proprietary, avoid.

Swann NHD-815 Overview
Full HD video, 3MP images, and quality audio are all within reach thanks to Swann's NHD-815 3MP Day/Night IR Network Camera. This PoE camera's TruColor image sensor captures wide-angle video in 2048 x 1536 resolution at a 4:3 aspect ratio. Additionally, this camera has an IR-cut filter that automatically switches from color daytime video to black-and-white video as light levels diminish. In night vision mode, this camera can capture video up to 100' away in darkness. Furthermore, the NHD-815's housing is IP66-rated dust- and water-resistant making it a suitable choice for outdoor and indoor surveillance applications. Lastly, this camera is only compatible with Swann's Full HD NVR's, including the NVR4-73XX, NVR8-73XX, and NVR16-73XX network video recorders. Along with this camera, a 60' Ethernet cable, theft deterrent stickers, and mounting hardware are also included.