Swann NVR

Phil9560

n3wb
Reaction score
Hiya all.I have 2 failed swann nvrs.One is just clickung but not booting.There is a flashing LED on the PCB.
The other is just dead.
I've been trying to find a circuit diagram but with no success.
Anybody know if theres an internal fuse ?

I'm grateful for any thoughts.Thanks in advance..Phil.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya all.I have 2 failed swann nvrs.One is just clickung but not booting.There is a flashing LED on the PCB.
The other is just dead.
I've been trying to find a circuit diagram but with no success.
Anybody know if theres an internal fuse ?

I'm grateful for any thoughts.Thanks in advance..Phil.
Hi @Phil9560

Swann has used different OEMs for their products, so please do provide more info on the Swann NVR units.

Model Number, and if you suspect they are HIkvision OEM units or not. How old the units are, ... etc..

Pictures and videos can also be useful, showing which LED is flashing on the PCB, any messages you may see on boot up from the OSD ( on screen display ).

Phil9560

n3wb
Reaction score
Thankl
Hi @Phil9560

Swann has used different OEMs for their products, so please do provide more info on the Swann NVR units.

Model Number, and if you suspect they are HIkvision OEM units or not. How old the units are, ... etc..

Pictures and videos can also be useful, showing which LED is flashing on the PCB, any messages you may see on boot up from the OSD ( on screen display ).
Hiya.The first 3 pics are of the unit which is clicking (like a relay) and going no further.There is a red flashing LED on the PCB .I'm wondering if its a dodgy capacitor ?

The last 2 pics are of the second unit which appears dead.Many thanks.Phil.

Attachments

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if the Clicking noise is just a bad hard drive. do you hav anything on screen when it's turned on?

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had one brick after a firmware update (out of warranty), put the HDD in a cheap PC and used BlueIris.
The Swann I had was a rebranded Reolink, I can recall it was a right pain in getting the cams to work in BlueIris though.

If the display goes, the units are accessible over the LAN
If there is a disk issue, the display still works.
If both no display and not accessible on the network and you can see power (as per your pics), seems like corruption or a major component failure.
I would suggest a forced flash, but I don't believe you can do that yourself.