Swapped out NVR, cameras not playing.

Reaction score
So I setup an 8 channel NVR with 8 IP cameras including setting up remote viewing via Hik-Connect. I have now replaced the 8 channel NVR with a 16 channel NVR and for the life of me I cannot get any of the cameras to view/play. Is a straight NVR swap all that's required or is it because the cameras are already registered with another NVR i.e. with my old 8 channel NVR? Thanks in advance.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The cameras have already been configured with IP addresses and passwords from the old NVR.

Did you match the camera IP addresses to the IP addresses of the PoE channels on the new NVR?
Do you know the individual camera IP addresses so you know what NVR PoE port to connect them to?
Did you use the same NVR password on the new NVR? By default, in Plug&Play mode, the NVR will apply its own password to the NVR.
So the cameras will probably have the old NVR password.

Check which cameras have which IP address by connecting a PC to an unused NVR PoE port and looking at what SADP finds.
Unplug one camera and see which one disappears on a SADP refresh.
Then plug the cameras in the corresponding NVR PoE port to match the IP address of the port.

**edit** This all assumes the (unspecified) NVR and (unspecified) cameras are Hikvision models.