SWNHD-888MSD -Has anyone got these to work on Blue Iris?

Pavman

n3wb
Reaction score
I found a great deal on these cameras... I think... about $60 each, so I wanted to buy a couple to add to my Blue Iris NVR; however, I quickly learned from reading that Swann likes to lock their cameras for use only with their NVR... That being said I understand that this may actually be a re-branded HKvisionand it may be possible to install HKvision firmware or otherwise get these to work in another ecosystem.. Is this just a waste of time?? Any help is appreciated.. (I have not purchased one of these yet)

Pavman

n3wb
Reaction score
There are a lot of inexpensive IP cameras that are ONVIF compliant, thus fully compatible with BI. In my experience it's far easier to use something that works instead of introducing a ton of troubleshooting variables. That is to say... there are precious few reasons I would try to fit a square peg into a round hole. Not sayin' I'm right I'm just sayin' how I see it.
I agree, I had just read a comment somewhere that these were ONVIF compatible but had to be setup through internet explorer, and that was all the details given. $60 for cameras that retail for more than $150 is enticing, but the headaches certainly are not.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Odd you say that about that Amcrest. I'm not an Amcrest fan but I do have that exact camera operating very smoothly with Blue Iris and set it up using either IE or Brave for a browser.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, and as far as indoor cams are concerned, I've had great success over the past 4 years with 8 of the ONVIF-compatible, Dahua-built IP2M-841's and 3 of it's 720p cousins, the IPM-721. All are used at 2 Blue Iris servers at 2 different locations.