Sync with profile 1

Dale C

n3wb
Reaction score
1712853382668.png

I can't figure out how to use the option to sync with profile 1. If you check the option then you don't get to check any other options on this screen.
Where have I set up the motion settings for profile 1?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Select Profile 1 from the drop down that currently says Profile: 4 Home Front Doo...

If you are happy with the Trigger settings in Profile 1 and don't want to copy them to another profile, check the Sync box. You can then set your schedule to switch to this profile and then make changes to the Profile 4 Record tab if you want it to be different.

Dalecway

n3wb
Reaction score
Select Profile 1 from the drop down that currently says Profile: 4 Home Front Doo...

If you are happy with the Trigger settings in Profile 1 and don't want to copy them to another profile, check the Sync box. You can then set your schedule to switch to this profile and then make changes to the Profile 4 Record tab if you want it to be different.
Maybe I’ve been using the profile part wrong. The part I guess I don’t understand is once you select sync with profile one you don’t ever get an opportunity to change the motion sensor, such as marking certain areas for each camera.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe I’ve been using the profile part wrong. The part I guess I don’t understand is once you select sync with profile one you don’t ever get an opportunity to change the motion sensor, such as marking certain areas for each camera.
This is because you are syncing it with Profile 1. Which means whatever Profile 1 is set to is what you get.

If you want Triggers for Profile 2,804 to be different than Profile 1, don't check that box, and set them as you desire.

Dalecway

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m starting to understand that I may have created a problem for myself. I change the profile throughout the day based on the time of day, so that some cameras don’t trigger any alerts during the daytime. Maybe I’ve been using profile incorrectly.

Dalecway

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I’ve got it now. If I’m going to use three different profiles throughout the day, then I’ll have to set up all three profiles for each camera. I was not doing that. I was only setting up one profile and yet still changing the profiles globally during the day. No wonder weird things were happening.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea, profile specifics are per camera.

You set up the switching on the Schedule tab, and then any other tab with a Profile drop down is where you set the specifics for that Profile for that certain camera. You select the Profile from the drop down and any changes made apply only to that Profile. You need to make sure you check any settings on any tab with a Profile drop down because once you enable the schedule it will use whatever settings are set for that Profile.

I use this to switch how I record. Profile 1 is Sunrise to Sunset with Continuous Sub + Trigger. Profile 2 is Sunset to Sunrise with Continuous.

You need to make sure to check the Override check box though for this schedule to work.

1712877005017.png

1712877053058.png

1712877089306.png

Dale C

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. It's a lot more clear now.
I am using profiles to tell each camera whether or not to send alerts. I use Hubitat to send a message to Blueiris to change profiles.
Send GET to: And then Alexa reacts to a virtual switch to announce that 'the driveway is active' or 'someone is at the front door'.
I can tell Alexa to set the Blue Iris profile to 2 which means send out no alerts. This might be used when people are working around the house and I don't want any alerts from any cameras. Or change to profile 4 so that only my driveway and front door would still send out an alert. This seemed the easy way to control when alerts are sent out. Maybe this is how the profiles are supposed to be used. Thanks for clearing up my questions. It's all good now.