Syncing time to all Dahua cameras at once

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
EDIT: Should have read today’s post by Rhody96 earlier.

I haven't come across a mention of this, so I thought I'd post a screenshot of a capability of the Dahua ConfigTool to change/update the time settings of all your Dahua cameras at once (and Amcrest, if you have them)... Note that you still must log into each camera first (image #2)... I wish I had found this earlier when I changed my NTP server (to NetTime - Network Time Synchronization Tool). Instead I opened the NACL Web Plug-in for each camera and repeated the edits.

The ConfigTool version I'm using is 4.10.0.

Image #1
2019-01-05 14_40_03-ConfigTool.png

Image #2
2019-01-05 15_11_44-ConfigTool.png

Last edited:

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm a little confused about this issue. Can't each camera keep itself synched to an NTP server?

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, but I think the main point is setting them to do it all at once in one place rather than one at a time by logging into the web GUI of each.

That said, I haven't much confidence in the ConfigTool. I've used it to make changes but then when you look again it doesn't necessarily reflect the settings you made...or thought you made. I've taken to using the web GUI for each camera despite it taking a bit longer. At least it seems to show the settings consistently that way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, but I think the main point is setting them to do it all at once in one place rather than one at a time by logging into the web GUI of each.

That said, I haven't much confidence in the ConfigTool. I've used it to make changes but then when you look again it doesn't necessarily reflect the settings you made...or thought you made. I've taken to using the web GUI for each camera despite it taking a bit longer. At least it seems to show the settings consistently that way.

I have to agree with @Whoaru99. When I open the config tool, it always shows the initial setting. I haven't figured out a way to remeber the setting for each camera.

L8tr
d