Synology record 24/7 plus motion detecting gives me a lot of 10 sec clips

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I record my Dahua cameras (3x Dahua DH-SD1A404XB-GNR) on my Synology DS-3617x with the surveillance station package. Works fine for 24/7 recording.

My question is about the motion detecting. I also use it for motion detecting. I have selected the "by camera" option because letting the surveillance station do it also gives me a lot of false recording.

So i am trying to set this up on the cameras. I have edited the area to exclude the moving trees etc. I have set up anti dither at 5 sec and record delay at 10 sec. Sensitivity is on 80 at threshold on 12.

So the recorded motion clips are very often 10 or 15 seconds and sometimes 1 minute + .

But i am getting like 10 clips per passing person of car. How do i setup it up that he detected motion is captured in one clip. But not like now when i have sometimes got like 100+ clips in one hour.

I get that i could play around with sensitivity and threshold a bit. But 10/15 seconds has to do with anti dither and record delay as far as i know. (Pre recording is also set at 5 seconds). Right?

So any ideas on how to improve this situation?

(I also use Blue Iris by the way. At the moment i would like to get this to work on my big and powerful synology and not switch to BI :) )

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I assume with Synology, you can do 24x7 and motion detection/alerts. Have you tried any of the Deep Stack setups? This would filter for person, car, etc. I see thats a Xeon processor, I assume there is no GPU, you would need to use the noavx version. Here is one option:

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes synology can do both and also handle the motion trigger. I was kinda hoping for a better setup of the anti dither etc. Settings.

Yes i have tried smart detecting. The problem is not really that it is a false trigger, but more the fact that it is saved in very small clips.

Will look at the link :)

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry, misunderstood. You set up the alerts in the cam to notify SS to start recording. Would be nice to have an option to extend the alert recording in some fashion and have a cool down setting (not send an alert for the next 20 seconds for example).

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SS depends on the cam for the motion trigger (current setup, like i said it is also possible to let SS handle the trigger. But this gave me a lot of false triggers).
The short clips have got something to do with anti dither + pre record + record delay. It is something like anti dither + pre record - record delay (something like this). That is why i am getting 10 sec clips.

What i am trying to achieve is, i record 24/7 in clips of 1 hour. So per camera i get 24 clips per day. This is fine.

But when something would happen i don't want to have to look at 24 x 1 hour clip to find the thing that happened. So that is why i seperately want to record any motion by trigger.