Synology Surveillance Station - Continuous recording + Motion detection

PFF

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi forum,
Is there any way to do both continuous recording and motion detection in Synology Surveillance Station? Just so I don't have to look through my entire footage to determine when something happened.
I'm using HIKVision cameras if that's relevant to the question.

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey. Of course you can. start the SS service, then select the camera you want to configure and click edit. find the schedule setting field. by default, everything is grayed out (continuous recording), activate additionally the green checkbox (by movement). after you will write constant + by movement. if necessary, I can show the settings in the screenshots

PFF

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey. Of course you can. start the SS service, then select the camera you want to configure and click edit. find the schedule setting field. by default, everything is grayed out (continuous recording), activate additionally the green checkbox (by movement). after you will write constant + by movement. if necessary, I can show the settings in the screenshots
Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to find what you are talking about though. I've made it into the "Recording Settings", but I can't seem to make it record it both ways.
Recording.jpg

NOAMattD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You seem to be trying to do two things at the same time. If you want to reco d continuously and just have SS MARK the events, set it for continuous recording and configure motion detection as normal. You'll see motion events marked in blue when you view the timeline, but you won't have separate files for each event.

If that's what you want, you can either do the continuous+motion recording options (the help files describe how to set that up) OR you need to create a second camera in SS using the same device, and set it to only record motion. I don't recommend doing that because then you need to use an extra license.

There are also ways to use Python scripts and Action Rules to capture the advanced, proprietary events. I only know how to do it with Dahua but I saw on the Synology forums that someone figured out how to do it with Hikvision as well.

PFF

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted it to show me on the timeline when it has detected motion, but record continuesly.

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1581430277859.png1581430349079.png
Hello
Please see my setting. This is Schedule and + Event detection.

The result will be a permanent record with motion marks