T5442-TM-AS Password Not Working Thru NVR

kb6ooc

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,

I just added a T5442-TM-AS camera to my NVR5216-16P-4KS2E. The camera works fine when I connect to the NVR with Internet Explorer. It also works fine in Smart PSS. However, when connected to the NVR with Internet Explorer, I am not able to log into the camera. I can click on the blue "e" (Internet Explorer) icon and I do get the "IP Camera" login box but when I type the username and password nothing happens. If I type the wrong password then I'm warned about an "Invalid username or password!You still have 4 attempt(s)". So it seems to recognize the password but not moving past the login box. All these tests are being done on my desktop computer connected over my home wired LAN to my NVR - all on 192.168.1.x addresses.

Now, I can take my laptop computer to the NVR and connect the laptop directly to one of the camera ports on the back of the NVR, then connect to the same NVR UI with Internet Explorer (same as I was connecting to from the desktop). I look for the list of cameras, fine the blue "e" for the camera I want to talk to and I get the same "IP Camera" login box but here the username and password DO work (and they are the exact same username/password as the NVR, as expected). Its just that on my desktop (on the 192.168.1.x) side of the NVR, typing the password gets no response unless I type the wrong password. I should note that the camera does have a 10.1.1.x address and its setup in DHCP mode and does have 10.1.1.1 as the gateway. I have 2 other (different model) cameras that I bought with the NVR several weeks ago and they allow me to login fine from anywhere. They too are setup DHCP with 10.1.1.x addresses and a gateway of 10.1.1.1.

I've done a factory reset from the laptop but no luck. Next thing is to do a reset on the camera itself.

I'm missing something simple, I bet.

kb6ooc

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, got lucky I guess. After an insane number of attempts to solve the password problem, I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning I could login just fine, so I did not reset the camera but I'm good with access to it through the NVR now.

Interestingly, I am not seeing the IVS rule lines on Smart PSS. My HDW5831R-ZE cams show blue IVS lines but this 5442 is not, and yes I do have the IVS rule checkmark enabled (right click menu on the 5442 video I'm viewing in Smart PSS).

kb6ooc

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, got lucky I guess. After an insane number of attempts to solve the password problem, I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning I could login just fine, so I did not reset the camera but I'm good with access to it through the NVR now.

Interestingly, I am not seeing the IVS rule lines on Smart PSS. My HDW5831R-ZE cams show blue IVS lines but this 5442 is not, and yes I do have the IVS rule checkmark enabled (right click menu on the 5442 video I'm viewing in Smart PSS).
Update on the problem described above. Although I drew the IVS tripwire and intrusion zones, I had failed to set the Smart Plan to IVS. Once I did that, the IVS rules are now showing on the live view in Smart PSS.