Tailscale - No Internet access - but have Internet access

Reaction score
I see this in my network settings.... No Internet access for Tailscale.

1722827640310.png

Tailscale is enabled and I have no issues accessing the Internet.

My tailscale devices function as they should, at home and away from on on my Android app.

I just want to make sure it should be showing No Internet access - or is something googy with my Tailscale install.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm getting two connections because I have two ports on the PC.

When I disconnect the camera port, the camera switch is still connected to the main switch, so they still operate, but Tailscale has no Internet.

I'm curious if this is common and if Tailscale needs the Internet to function properly or to protect my network properly.

1722839090564.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What you are seeing there in the Network and Sharing center is the virtual network adapter which Tailscale software created on your computer. That virtual network adapter does not provide your computer with internet access, therefore it says "Access type: No Internet access". That network adapter is only used to access your Tailscale network. If you wanted to learn a little more, you could open a command prompt and type route print and find your tailscale network listed under the IPv4 Route Table. That is how the OS knows which network adapter to use when trying to access IP addresses that are part of your tailscale network.

Reaction score
Gotcha... amazing how many threads there are out there on the Internet about this with all kinds of answers on how they fixed it... lol... when there is really nothing to fix.

This is good to know. I didn't want to find out that because it has no Internet access I was unprotected.

Thanks guys!