Tailscale remote push notifications and replay

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good day , I have installed tailscale on my iphone and the blue iris pc and can see it shows as connected. However the BI app still does not connect if I am not on the home network. I have tried to enter the tailscale pc ip address into the WAN server on the phone BI app butnstill no joy. Is there anyone that have setup blueiris and tailscale to work over WAN with the phone app and BI software to communicate. Thanks

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On my phone I have the Blueiris Tailscale IP entered in the "LAN" setting on the app and found in the WAN line that anything will work. Here are my settings and you can see that my WAN is 123.456.78:99

tailscale ap settings.jpg

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Screenshot of your web server settings?
Enable the http web server on port : 81

LAN access : 192.168.1.25:81 ( example) Router ip is 192.168.1.1

Adapter : 192.168.1.25 > > I have tried changing the adapter to the tailscale device ip which appears in the drop down as well.

Remote External: 120.10.10.1 <<< this is ISP IP example. This stays the same whether I change the adapter to the tailscale ip or leave it as the ip of the pc.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Note: In my photo it shows I use port :82 instead of the default :81

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On your BI PC does your phone appear in the list when you right click Tailscale from the task bar then Network Devices----My Devices----(your phone)

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the Edge Routers but see from a Google search that it can be an issue. Best of luck.

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the Edge Routers but see from a Google search that it can be an issue. Best of luck.
Thanks, if I use my browser on my phone and I enter the tailscale ip of the desktop pc where blueiris is installed it lands on the blue iris server login page. (Phone is not connected to home wifi)
This tells me that the edge router is not blocking tailscale and it must be blue iris not configured properly? However the blueiris app wil not connect with the same tailscale ip in the LAN field

Grissl

n3wb
Reaction score
In the blue iris pc web server settings, put the tailscale ip in the WAN text box along with the port number. Then do the same with the blue iris mobile app WAN text box.

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the blue iris pc web server settings, put the tailscale ip in the WAN text box along with the port number. Then do the same with the blue iris mobile app WAN text box.
Thanks, done that but not working. I wonder if it is because I have a static ip assigned to the machine hosting blue iris. If I right click on the Tailscale network adapter there is nothing listed in the ip4 ip addressmsection, only in the ipv6 section. Which is odd, you would think the tailscale ipv4 address would be listed there.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does the ipv4 address show for Tailscale if you do ipconfig command from the command prompt?
Out of curiosity, on my phone browser I entered the BI Tailscale address followed by my ;8x port and it opened BI's UI3 screen.
tailscale command prompt.JPG

Last edited:

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check your inbox for a PM.
Houston to Australia …. We have lift off. Thanks for your help and patience.

1) As mentioned, if I enter the device Tailscale ip in my browser it lands on blueiris login page. On the app and this login page it says “LAN access only”
2) This pointed to me that the router nor the firewall is blocking anything and that Tailscale is configured correctly.
3) This indicated that it is user access rights. When I looked at the users and I clicked edit I can see that remote management was not ticked and LAN access only was ticked. So I ticked remote management, and unticked LAN only.

I deleted the server from my phone app and rescanned the QR code on the blue iris software.

It connected instantly !

Problem solved. I will post some images tomorrow.

Thanks all for your input.

Smalljob

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day , I have installed tailscale on my iphone and the blue iris pc and can see it shows as connected. However the BI app still does not connect if I am not on the home network. I have tried to enter the tailscale pc ip address into the WAN server on the phone BI app butnstill no joy. Is there anyone that have setup blueiris and tailscale to work over WAN with the phone app and BI software to communicate. Thanks
Hi I am very very new to this but I just wanted to mention that you stated you entered the tailscale ip in the WAN filed of the app. That was what I was going to do also, but somewhere I read to enter it in the LAN field. I did that and it worked first time both on and off the home network. The only thing I did was load tailscale on both my blue iris server ( tail scale runs there also) and my iPhone. no other configuration changes.