Tekempire NVR question

crankcasy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at upgrading my NVR from a Hikvision DS7600 to a Dahua, most of my cameras are Hikvision Ds-2342WD's but recently I purchased a Dahua IPC-HWD2231R-ZS through Empire Technology and was very happy with both the service and the camera so I would like to keep them as my vendor. One of my reasons for changing to Dahua NVR is that I have a Dahua DH-SD59230U-HNI that my Hikvision NVR won't run so do you guys think the Tekempire NVR's will be a good option?

crankcasy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I should off asked is the Tekempire NVR a Dahua unit a clone or a stand-alone design and do you think it will be compatible with my cameras?

crankcasy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok was just wondering why he puts the brand name as Tekempire?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In most instances, if you expect all features to work with the camera and the NVR, they need to be the same brand.
Tekempire is a Dahua.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok was just wondering why he puts the brand name as Tekempire?
I think it's part of the agreement that Dahua makes with companies (like Andy's) that resell the unbranded OEM versions of Dahua products.

From looking on Amazon and AliExpress, it looks like a lot of resellers don't honor that and mention the word "Dahua" all over their product descriptions, even though they're selling the unbranded OEM version. My guess is those are smaller companies that can get away with it, whereas Andy's company is probably large enough that he has to abide by it.

All guesses on my part, but FWIW. :) Andy (Empire Tech) has been a great vendor for a ton of us here and I hope you're able to keep on using him.