temporary disable BI push alerts

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a method i can use to temporarily disable BI push alerts for all cams? I want to be able to perhaps send a command via MQTT to tell BI not to send me push alerts until i send a command back to start sending again. When we are all in the front and backyard, i want to be able to stop these alerts. Thank u

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a method i can use to temporarily disable BI push alerts for all cams? I want to be able to perhaps send a command via MQTT to tell BI not to send me push alerts until i send a command back to start sending again. When we are all in the front and backyard, i want to be able to stop these alerts. Thank u
Yes, the best solution is to create another profile that duplicates your current profile but alerts are disabled. Then you will change the profile temporarily, not hold (which is permanent). You can set the temp times for each profile to your liking. This ensures that it goes back to sending alerts in the event you forget to enable alerts again.
You can also change the shield from green to red (make sure to change the settings in the "other" tab to only disable alerts not recording or other things) then change it back. This will require you to remember to manually change it back.

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the best solution is to create another profile that duplicates your current profile but alerts are disabled. Then you will change the profile temporarily, not hold (which is permanent). You can set the temp times for each profile to your liking. This ensures that it goes back to sending alerts in the event you forget to enable alerts again.
You can also change the shield from green to red (make sure to change the settings in the "other" tab to only disable alerts not recording or other things) then change it back. This will require you to remember to manually change it back.
Thank you.. Question in regards to the temp profile change, would it be possible to send a mqtt command to BI in order to make this temp change? Also, currently i have a day and night profile and lets say 30 mins before night, i change my profile to the temp profile - how will it know that now it should be changed back to the night profile based on the time and not just switch it back to the last active profile.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is there a method i can use to temporarily disable BI push alerts for all cams?
You can also send a ‘Pause‘ HTTP command on-demand to all or selected cameras. Unlike using a red shield, you need not remember to turn it back to green.

/admin?camera=x&pause=n Pause camera x (short name). n=-2,-1,0,1,2... for toggle, infinite, 0,+30s,+5min,+30m,+1h,+2h,+3h,+5h,+10h,+24h,+15m

Set camera=Index for all cameras. You can also issue the command multiple times for the exact duration you want (e.g., send &pause=2 2x for a 10 minute pause).

Per the help PDF, Pause is the equivalent of using the Shield icon for individual cameras.

1590853300071.jpeg

As noted by @fenderman for the Shield function, you can also customize the Pause’s functions via the ‘Other’ tab.

1590853490972.jpeg

Last edited: