Tendelux 80ft IR Illuminator

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thinking of buying a couple of these Tendelux units.. The IR illuminator on my DH-IPC-HDW2231R-ZS lights up most of what I want, but is dark on the sides. Has good range, no so good spread.

I see them on Amazon with some negative reviews about moisture getting inside and various failures.

I don't want to buy something that barely survives its warranty. I'm in Michigan so it gets cold.

Anyone have one of these for a long time? How do you like it?

Thanks,

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have two Tendelux BI8 units, installed for almost two years in exposed freezing and hot weather. Installed about 6ft apart with cam in middle with IR off. Works well with very wide illumination. No problems, but does get some moisture between the even illumination filter and glass at times. It does not affect the IR illumination but the front glass can look a little wierd during the day.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've not had any problem with the 80 or the 200ft model. Both fully exposed to Floriduh huidity and storms for 2-3 years now.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thinking of buying a couple of these Tendelux units.. The IR illuminator on my DH-IPC-HDW2231R-ZS lights up most of what I want, but is dark on the sides. Has good range, no so good spread.

I see them on Amazon with some negative reviews about moisture getting inside and various failures.

I don't want to buy something that barely survives its warranty. I'm in Michigan so it gets cold.

Anyone have one of these for a long time? How do you like it?

Thanks,
I'm using four of them with great success.

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you, or do you know of, anyone that has taken them apart to see how they're put together?