Tesla Model S Browser and BI web viewer

RROONNBB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anybody managed to get a Blue Iris view on the web browser in their Model S? I'm not having any luck so far...

RROONNBB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
have you downloaded the latest version of BI that includes the new UI3 interface? see of that works
Yeah no luck there either - tried the old web interface and the new UI3 interface with equal non-results.

Googling around I've found a couple of posts where people say they've gotten it to work but haven't managed to get in touch w/ anybody to confirm. I've got a pretty early Model S so maybe it's just not capable - I know the graphics hardware was upgraded at some point. And generally it's a pretty minimalistic browser anyway - they don't really WANT people to be able to watch videos while driving...

Reaction score
Yeah, my only thought was "who needs to be distracted by video security footage while driving!", but still having it available would be cool. Now to go get on the wait list for a Model S. #envy

RROONNBB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If jpegpull.htm doesn't even work, there isn't any hope.
Was afraid that was the answer. Ah well.

And crw030, for the record it wasn't for watching security camera while driving, it was actually for watching from my garage security camera's POV as I try to park in my overstuffed garage :)

Reaction score
And crw030, for the record ...... garage security camera's POV as I try to park in my overstuffed garage :)
Makes sense, my garage isn't overstuffed but I understand your concept now, it always feels like I might scrape the side of the wifes car pulling in (I guess because I don't drive it enough). I was thinking one of those convex safety mirrors, but since most have a security camera in the garage seems like a solid option as well!

Alan_F

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I was trying to figure out why Blue Iris UI3 was sometimes working in my Model 3 browser and sometimes not working. It looks like Tesla allows video in the browser only when the car is in Park. I was able to stream video in UI3 both on WiFi and 4G when in Park. As soon as I shift the car to Drive, UI3 pops up an error about the video source. No much help for the use case of a parking assist camera, but it's useful if I receive an alert about something going on in the house and need to pull over and take a look at the cameras.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I was trying to figure out why Blue Iris UI3 was sometimes working in my Model 3 browser and sometimes not working. It looks like Tesla allows video in the browser only when the car is in Park. I was able to stream video in UI3 both on WiFi and 4G when in Park. As soon as I shift the car to Drive, UI3 pops up an error about the video source. No much help for the use case of a parking assist camera, but it's useful if I receive an alert about something going on in the house and need to pull over and take a look at the cameras.
You can probably trick it by changing the H.264 player to "JavaScript" within UI Settings. That way it won't use an actual HTML5 video element. Alternatively you could change it to "JPEG SD" or another jpeg option.

I would not encourage using an IP cam (especially over wifi) to avoid collisions though. The tendency for the video to freeze or get delayed unpredictably could be very problematic. Oh, look, haha, that is what I said 2.5 years ago.

Alan_F

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can probably trick it by changing the H.264 player to "JavaScript" within UI Settings. That way it won't use an actual HTML5 video element. Alternatively you could change it to "JPEG SD" or another jpeg option.

I would not encourage using an IP cam (especially over wifi) to avoid collisions though. The tendency for the video to freeze or get delayed unpredictably could be very problematic. Oh, look, haha, that is what I said 2.5 years ago.
The same often applies to the Tesla backup camera. It likes to freeze and stutter sometimes which has led to me getting a lot closer to objects than I'd like when backing into my driveway. Luckily the proximity sensors will beep even when the camera is lagging. I'll try the the settings to see if it will play in Drive (for passenger use only, of course).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bet because Elon is techy he refuses to use analog LOL

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
And too interesting in Dogecoin right now. :screwy: