Tester for CCTV Cameras

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m looking for a decent CCTV tester that I can check each core of Cat5e, also a remote monitor if possible. But ideally something to test the cable.

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tend to use Pre made Lan cables as they give less trouble.
They do, unfortunately my cable is outside and it’s about 30 metres to the camera.

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They look great. I just can’t afford one being an apprentice.
There are cheaper versions. I bought one of these, which also has a cable testing function:

I'm not a professional installer, but it's been very useful for working on a camera without needing to connect it to a network. Makes it much easier to aim a camera while on a ladder!

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
on spec’s both looks fine. Atlas is cheaper, but I think Klein looks more robust. Between the two, I will go with Klein

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve also seen this but the price is frightening:

Or just something like:

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also have the Klein Scout Pro 3. Awesome tester. One thing to be careful of though is the remote units in the one listed in the post above will only ID a cable, not test it. This is the one that I have that IDs and tests:
I've gone through many cheap testers and I regret not purchasing a good tester earlier.
Thats quite a big jump in price. I understand what your saying about the cheap testers. For the price of the Klein unit you have listed I could get the Dahua tester.

JonW

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thats quite a big jump in price. I understand what your saying about the cheap testers. For the price of the Klein unit you have listed I could get the Dahua tester.
Yes it is a big jump in price but I wanted to make sure you were clear on what features were available between the two versions.

Also, the Dahua one is more of a portable camera tester/viewer rather than a network tester as the Klein unit is. Looks like an interesting product, but they appear to have two separate use cases.

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it is a big jump in price but I wanted to make sure you were clear on what features were available between the two versions.

Also, the Dahua one is more of a portable camera tester/viewer rather than a network tester as the Klein unit is. Looks like an interesting product, but they appear to have two separate use cases.
I see what you mean I will probably buy a network tester for now. I’ve seen these two:

The fluke get highly recommended:

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score