Text message alert... Attachments removed

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm evaluating BI and just set up SMS messages to be sent when motion is triggered. The SMS worked great but the 2 images I expected were removed. Any ideas why this would be happening? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm evaluating BI and just set up SMS messages to be sent when motion is triggered. The SMS worked great but the 2 images I expected were removed. Any ideas why this would be happening? Thanks
If you have not selected the MMS option from the dropdown try that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That worked. thanks! I received one picture instead of two but that's not a deal breaker for sure.
I believe the text images are limited to 1...the email is much more flexible...probably better anyways because texting compresses the images too much.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I believe the text images are limited to 1...the email is much more flexible...probably better anyways because texting compresses the images too much.
Absolutely right, I was about to edit my post and say that.

Geewiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've also discovered that receiving alerts via email is MUCH faster than SMS. I've had SMS messages come in as much as 5 minutes after the fact. Email is within 15 seconds.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Somebody posted a link somewhere before of a service that turns email alerts into SMS texts. So if you had an NVR that does only email alerts, you could set that up with the service and it would then push a text to you once it gets the email. I forget what it was, I'll see if I can find it if it's any interest.