Text Message Alerts showing up hours later

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Thought I saw a thread before about text message alerts inconsistently showing up in a timely fashion. Sometimes text message alerts come in immediately and at other times they come in hours later. What is really odd is that many times the alerts are out of order. That is, a text message alert that happened an hour ago will show up on the mobile phone after more current text message alerts pop up. Here an example....I was mowing the lawn around 1pm today and of course I'm all over the yard and all my cams are sending text message alerts as I walk through various parts of the lawn. See below, an image captured at 1:24pm shows up on my mobile phone at 5:23pm AFTER more recent alerts. I have excellent service with AT&T at my location....no reason for texts not to come through immediately and consistently. How do I know if it was BI that sent the text hours later instead of immediately? I don't see an entry in the BI log for an event having occurred at 1:24PM or at 5:23PM. You'd think it would at least show up in the BI log so we can blame AT&T. What gives?

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Most likely your outgoing email server was delaying the messages as it likely detected them as spam. See when the emails are marked as sent.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes sir...

Looks like the gmail server sent it out at the right time. AT&T server sux?

SMS.JPG

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Something tells me that AT&T prioritizes email to text lower than direct text. Maybe nothing can be done about it.