Text Overlay Transparency issue

RafflesNH

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I don't know what I did, but I cannot set my Time/Date and Camera name text info that is overlaid on the cctv preview to appear fully opaque once more. I was changing the camera name using Config Tool, and noticed that all the text had suddenly become fully transparent with only a thin outline of each character visible.

I then went into Onvif Device Manager (SmartPSS doesn't seem to have a transparency slider at all) and found a transparency slider in the Setup/System/Display section, but it was still set to Zero transparency. Even adjusting it to full or any intermediate setting still results in no change to the transparency whatsoever.

I have tried changing it through the Web Interface of both the NVR and the IPCam directly, but the results are the same.

Do I need to do a hard reset to factory defaults or does anyone know of a simpler fix?

PJPJPJPJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same problem (relocated date/time and channel name overlay locations on the camera recording screen, and the text became basically transparent, with just a thin outline no longer visible against the background).

I have no fix (to make the text fully opaque in the new locations). Simply "moving" the labels back to the old locations didn't undo the transparency problem.

Easiest/fastest solution was to go into the NVR software directly by mouse & monitor, go to the Encode page for each camera, and on the tab where you are allowed to change the location of the overlays, press the Restore to Default button. This will ONLY impact the settings on that one tab (doesn't change encoding quality, motion activation, zoom, sub-channels, etc.). It ONLY changes the overlay labels (date/time and channel name) back to their original location... and back to being fully opaque (no longer transparent).

Clearly a bug with no workaround I can find. Resetting that one configuration page tab back to the default is the easiest solution I've found.