The camera that mistook a person for a car!

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Hah! That's excellent! Why do I, as a security cam user, like this? Hard to say, I guess!

It reminds me of an idea some friends and I came up with many years ago. Where I live is a redneck kind of place, and we often saw folks wearing camouflage clothing in town.

They weren't hunting, and there was no war going on. It was just a fashion statement, I guess.

Further, there was an entire industry aimed at this camo fashion fad that seemed to rise up back then. Camo watches, wallets, flashlights... you name it!

All things that I personally would want to be the opposite of camo when I'm out in the boonies so I can find the darn things if I accidentally drop them!

Anyhow, seeing all of this camouflage clothing being worn in town got is to thinking that what you really need for in-town use is what we called "urban camo"!

Clothing that looks like a brick wall, or pavement, or concrete, or a car, etc. We always thought a line of urban camo would be hilarious.

But I like the ideas in that article from the perspective of messing with "the man". Even if I sort-of am "the man" these days. It's still funny and thought provoking.

Those of us who pay attention to the surveillance industry are likely to be more worried about the implications of the technology than anyone else.

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Haha tru about camo although some survivalists still like them.

Tell you what, i reckon its easy to put off camera by wearing a omni directional powerful IR led on your cap......

Once I have my cameras installed....I am going to have some fun until the novelty wears of.....

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes! A powerful IR LED or array built into a cap or clothing, perhaps blinking to save power and make it more annoying, would be amusing! Nobody would see it by eye, but it would show up big-time, at night, on various cameras.

The possibilities are endless, really.

Reaction score
We were at a Walmart in the Ozarks just before hunting season. There were multiple aisles of camouflage clothing.

We were leaving with our groceries and bumped into a man wearing camouflage who entered through the exit door. I said “Sorry, didn’t see you”. He just looked at me.