The dreaded Hikvision DS-2CD752MF again.... Router Tech help... Please..

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alrighty network techies,.... Couple months ago, Fenderman (mostly) and I spent a of of time getting this older Ebay purchase unit to work. For the most part, all was welll. Until.... I grudgingly upgraded cable service, and a new WiFi/Voip Router (that I really didn't want, but it had t be). I previously had just a modem, and MY OWN router that has been setup with port forwarding and security quite tight with MAC addressed needed for access. All quite fine.....

Anyways.... Instead of using their unit as is, their router was "bridged" to be just a modem. It apparently isn't exactly a router now. Although ports on it seem to work like a router, hmmm...... Debating whether they misconfigured it in some odd way. But, everything else works ok except cams....

So yes, my cams died. I had changed nothing on MY old router and it is still in place.... But maybe something changed due to the new neutered router... lol... Dunno.... They said if it was bridged, it would be fine... they said..... .

What I initially noticed, is my local IP "was" previously 192.168.0.1, Now it changed 192.168.1.1 Seemed typical. Then, I'm pretty sure the subnet mask I would see at my router was 255.255.240.0 Now it is 255.255.255.0 I do see 255.255.240.0 at THEIR modem...

So, I have some Foscam cams that were easy to get back, they were set for 192.168.0.xxx and I swapped to 192.168.1.xxx,

Then their original subnet of 255.255.240.0 which I changed to 255.255.255.0 And they came on. Wellllll I've changed it on the Hikvision DS-2CD752MF and it is still dead video locally in blue iris and externally through DYN. I've NEVER been able to see video in it in using Explorer locally. Just able to change setting. Iris and Android IP Cam viewer worked fine. Not anymore...

This camera has been a bear to get going, and was never realllllly friendly. But, being just a modem change of the nature I mentioned, any ideas?

As always, thinks so much!!!

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oooookay.... I've no idea why, and I'm sure it's logical, I'm just not networky or maybe Hik-worthy enough to understand it... Just a hobbyist...

The HTTP port to access the cam is xxx91 and RTSP was xxxx92, had worked fine for months with external viewers.

I changed the RTSP port to xxx93, forwarded it as well, and now the software viewers, Blue Iris and IP Cam Viewer see it fine AND I can also now see video on the local login via IE to the cam where I could not before, I could only adjust the settings.

I'm unsure why it did this, and how what i did fixed it. But it's fixed. I apparently know just enough to be dangerous ;) Feel free to explain what I did if anyone is bored and has an idea, it may be of use with later Hikvision cams I'd like to get. I hate fixing issues and not knowing what actually I did to make it work.

Thanks!!