The Dutch Are Training Eagles to Take Down Rogue Drones

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, and how about when the eagle touched the blades spinning i do no know how much RPM.
I can imagine it will be looking like a sort of grinder effect with eagle meat ;)
The small drone on the video they are testing is childplay, the bigger home made drones have carbon blades, bigger motors, faster, more lift, etc.
Goodluck with that drone catching

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard of for the reason simply stated. how is the bird going to differentiate between a toy drone and a larger commercial one that would take its foot off. Likely if drones become more of a problem, as prices drop, you will be able to launch your own drone and have it monitor your property via a preset geomap.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I am a fan of the drone vs drone method - now the below is still comical because you can tell the DJI (White Phantom Drone) is NOT trying to elude the large ass net.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A scoped .22 long gun discharging subsonic ammunition may be an effective drone killer and is unlikely to result in a visit from the police provided the weapon is discharged into the air. And ALWAYS remember the 4th Commandment of Firearm Safety: Know Your Target and What’s Beyond It. Never fire a shot unless you know exactly where the shot is going and what it will strike. Bullets and shot can travel great distances with deadly velocity.