The FinchCam is live for 2024!!!

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My house finches are back! Last year they decided to nest on my DragonFruit vine, by the back door, where I don't have a camera, but now they're back!

They moved in on 3/25, literally the day after I told someone, "I haven't had finches here since 2022."

The YouTube stream is up, too, but they're in and out during the day. I expect her to lay her eggs in a few days, and then someone will be on camera almost 24/7:

https://www.youtube.com/@thebeespatellas7441/live

WyzeCam v3 with RTSP firmware, being relayed through a MacMini running ffmpeg, although it could be done with something as simple as a Raspberry Pi, because ffmpeg is just repackaging and relaying the RTSP stream; there's zero transcoding going on, so the CPU load is negligible, even on a very modest machine. I did open the WyzeCam in order to refocus the lens, as the factory default won't focus this close.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmm. The YouTube stream and the BI stream are somewhat unreliable. This might be because the RTSP firmware in the Wyze cam(s) never made it out of beta, and maybe it doesn't like having multiple clients. This might be an excuse to look into ffmpeg emulating a camera again, so that I can pull one RTSP stream off the Wyze cam and use it for both.