The Heat is On.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I worked out of New Orleans for awhile back in the day. Nothing like waking up, taking a shower, walk outside and be soaking wet within minutes, like you're still in the shower.
Learned real quick you take at least two real showers a day. lol
The only good thing was getting afternoon showers that'd cool things off for a little while. The downside was when it rained too hard and all the streets flooded. I'd add, I lived @ Jeff Davis and Palmyra with off street parking and streets didn't flood too much there. So, I was out of the danger zone. But, when I lived in Gentilly, OMG the streets would flood with only a few rain drops.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
My weather station shows a peak of 111.6 at 3:30 today - man, we need some relief and I don't see any in sight! This is in the DFW area. Just saw on the news the last time it rained here was 33 days ago. My water bill will probably be more than my electric bill.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My weather station shows a peak of 111.6 at 3:30 today - man, we need some relief and I don't see any in sight! This is in the DFW area. Just saw on the news the last time it rained here was 33 days ago. My water bill will probably be more than my electric bill.
But it's dry heat, I see in your area humidity is in the low 20% range. With dew points below 60degrees.
Try that with dewpoints in the upper 70's or higher. ;)

Looks like we will again get a taste of the heat next week, backup into the upper 90's,

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
75 at 6 this morn 90 now - heat index 102
after a week and then some full of rain - we cooled a bit, fall is coming in. this is all totally normal here.
I've been water skiing here at Xmas time from back to late 1970's