The HookUp ranks the Empiretech T5842 (Dahua IPC-HDW5842T-ZE) as the best affordable camera if night time performance is the main concern

Reaction score
I have to say that I like the UBNT ecosystem but without the cameras.

Our network has been rock solid since implementing it a few years ago.

All but one of our cameras are Dahuas from Andy and we have been running UI3 on a Win10 tablet wirelessly, continuously since 2019.

We have 4 switches, 2 APs, a CloudKey and a USG3. I would like to upgrade to a UDMPro but haven’t because everything is working just fine.

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Finally, I question was he was running default/auto settings or changed them but still too slow of a shutter?

Again at this zoom and distance, we would not be trying to IDENTIFY, but this is too blurry. Had to be default shutter. See my next post as an explanation and example.

View attachment 121878
Yep, I would say shutter speed and or needing more light/IR to support a faster speed. Mine still are not quite where I want them but good enough for 10' to 20'.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whoopsies... :embarrassed:
Damn it. I couldn't help myself.
I think he is trying to stir that pot and I'm an idiot for replying :screwy:. I wanna see his reply!
View attachment 122673
I am sure that dude was a troller LOL. He won't reply back.

I like this one LOL

1647911519793.png

These columns are certainly within 10 feet of the house and the person is missing LOL. Yes, there is a person between these two columns LOL. Sadly this is from the official Reolink YouTube Channel LOL

1642215852060.png

Bad Boys
Bad Boys
Watcha gonna do
Watcha gonna do
When the camera can't see you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From his Reolink video someone just posted:

1648166196431.png

Many of us here have proved that you can obtain clean captures at night if you dial the camera in to your settings. At least he did recommend @EMPIRETECANDY camera, but his video didn't do the camera justice and can perform so much better.