The last 20 feet of it's trip are the toughest...

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a short PSA - don't ever buy a large TV from Amazon.

Those guys don't have dollies and those big TVs are too large to carry with only one person. Have you ever thought about how they move them? I've seen them deliver TVs and the only way they can move the TV is to flip it end over end. They usually aren't gentle doing this either. Honestly I'm surprised any TVs ordered from Amazon are delivered in working condition, but I understand that a very high percentage of them are non-working. Now you know why.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just a short PSA - don't ever buy a large TV from Amazon.

Those guys don't have dollies and those big TVs are too large to carry with only one person. Have you ever thought about how they move them? I've seen them deliver TVs and the only way they can move the TV is to flip it end over end. They usually aren't gentle doing this either. Honestly I'm surprised any TVs ordered from Amazon are delivered in working condition, but I understand that a very high percentage of them are non-working. Now you know why.
I bought my 64" Plasma TV form amazon many years ago and at the time their service was stellar. It was delivered in a van by two people who could not have been more careful with it and the box was pristine. Sad to hear that times have changed.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I've moved more big screen tvs than you have ever seen with a fork lift and I did not
drop or otherwise damage any of them. Mine like @Sparkey , came from Amazon too.

It is hard to damage them unless one is an idiot. Speaking of idiots and big screen tvs,
we had a long term regular "union member with a lot of seniority", load a telephone company
battery on top of a palate of big screen LGs. 1500 Lbs of battery was held up for about 30
seconds as the idiot proudly walked off.

The tvs collapsed the battery hit the dock, split open spilling acid all over the place!

I feel your pain!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It's just goes to show that even turds float to the top occassionally.

How long they stay in management is a different matter. What goes up must come down.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have a hidden porch cam and Amazon has never abused a package. In fact they have never so much as dropped one. They're overly gentle in fact. Maybe they know about the cam. :winktongue:
I think a lot of it has to do with your location. I'm in a very rural area, and all delivery drivers are super polite and considerate. They even put the boxes inside plastic bags if it's threatening to rain. Even though they're under an 8' porch roof.