The last three upgrades I lose the ability to play back my alerts. It just shows a black screen

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The last three Blue Iris upgrades I lose the ability to playback my alerts. It just shows a black screen. I can revert back to version 5.4.6.4 and everything works great. I have rebooted to no avail. Someone suggested I delete the DB directory under Blue Iris and this accomplished nothing. Any ideas??

Thank you Rick

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try turning HA off on one of the cameras and trigger it and see if it can then playback?

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try turning HA off on one of the cameras and trigger it and see if it can then playback?
What is HA? I checked all the tabs and there is nothing that shows HA. Under what tab?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hardware Acceleration on the camera tab.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hardware Acceleration on the camera tab.
I tried shutting off HA, rebooted, and I am still getting the black screen on about a 1/3 of the cameras. Any other ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are any of those cameras in the camera GUI running a smart codec or the +?

Are the cameras not playing nice on H265 and the others are H264 or vice versa?

Many times the issue is an incompatible graphics driver, but since it works on one version of BI and not a newer one, it leads me to think it isn't that driver directly, but some setting that the driver isn't liking.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not too familiar

Many times the issue is an incompatible graphics driver, but since it works on one version of BI and not a newer one, it leads me to think it isn't that driver directly, but some setting that the driver isn't liking.
with the GUI smart code and where to look.

All 20 of my amcrest cameras are H265 and 3/4's of them are working fine,. I can look at the alerts with no issues.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I even deleted a couple of cameras and reinstalled them to no avail.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ended up deleting those 5 cameras and reinstalling them. What a pain in the behind.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now I have had three other cameras showing a black screen on the alerts. This is odd! I didn't update or do anything today.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So after being on the bleeding edge for awhile when DeepStack became available, I got it to the point that I was content with my operation, so I had been holding steady on 5.4.6.4 - I would try some newer ones but got the Server Error 100 when trying to do more than one custom model, so went back.

I just updated today to 5.4.8.2 and got that black screen too. Rolled back and it worked again.

I upped the buffer in the black screen cameras to 20MB and all is well again.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Again this morning I had another camera recording a black screen. No updates or changes had been made. I've had Blue Iris now for about 6 years and never had any issues before.

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where are you trying to view the alerts? On ui3, the main BI dashboard, or through the Android/iPhone application?