The price of storage has really come down.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had a Tandy Color Computer 2 when I was small, but my parents didn't know anything about it, so I didn't know it was a computer, or what a computer was. To me it was just a video game platform, and we only had 3 games.

Wasn't until after our first real family computer in 1995 when I took Basic programming in high school that I realized the old video game system was a computer.

Pentium 100
16 MB RAM (I later upgraded to 32)
1.2 GB HD
33.6 kbps modem
Color 15" monitor
$3,000

I was the envy of the neighborhood. Still pretty much regarded the thing as a video game platform. (Command and Conquer, Warcraft II)

First laptop was a POS CTX EZbook

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
No where as old as some of the things mentioned previously by others. But, here is one (12) computer systems back in the day that helped me make custom CD / DVD covers for music, data, and software.

Don’t know if anyone recalls Light Scribe but this was truly the invention of sliced bread for the common man!

Anyone who had to endure making printed labels for CD / DVD’s knows what Light Scribe brought to the general public.

Below is still an active 250 MB Zip Drive!

Below that is the vulnerable 2.5” floppy that is still used for a super ancient power / energy diagnostic application from the early 80’s.

IMG_0716.jpg

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
No where as old as some of the things mentioned previously by others. But, here is one (12) computer systems back in the day that helped me make custom CD / DVD covers for music, data, and software.

Don’t know if anyone recalls Light Scribe but this was truly the invention of sliced bread for the common man!

Anyone who had to endure making printed labels for CD / DVD’s knows what Light Scribe brought to the general public.

Below is still an active 250 MB Zip Drive!

Below that is the vulnerable 2.5” floppy that is still used for a super ancient power / energy diagnostic application from the early 80’s.

View attachment 135887
Wait......where is your 5.25 floppy drive??

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Wait......where is your 5.25 floppy drive??
I’m very happy to say 5.25” floppies we’re not in use or production when I entered the field and industry! There were tons of them laying around in cabinets and shelves though.

This is a photo of one of many so called first laptops I had.

IMG_0720.jpg

Last edited: