The YouTube User With 20.5 Million Subscribers Does It Again

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I watched it earlier on YT by coincidence.

Pity he can't sell these but he said his lawyers advised against it.

Would be no good in the UK anyway as they'd get banned on the grounds the smell could be allergic to some people and we all know you can't harm bad people in the UK. At least the US has some sense.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

Would be no good in the UK anyway as they'd get banned on the grounds the smell could be allergic to some people and we all know you can't harm bad people in the UK. At least the US has some sense.
How can farts be allergic when we all fart on a daily basis? I fart 120 times a day . Don’t ask how I know that. May be that’s why people stay 6 feet away from me

clearly I’m joking

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

He may not be able to sell them but what about him being a consultant in a DIY kit. Think of an 80% lower.

Reaction score
I really enjoy this guy's creativity and engineering genius. BUT I hate thief's and everyone of them should have had their fingers blown or torn off! At a minimum! But it just isn't going to happen.

And for those that say this is far to drastic, you know what? Just do the right thing and you have nothing to worry about!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the most effective way to deter such people is to pack a bag of feces in a sealed box and leave the box outside. ;)

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I've watched this series of videos since the start but the thing that really annoys me is that there is no mention of these thieves being reported to the police, or have I missed that bit? I doubt some glitter and fart spray is going to deter these people!

Reaction score
I've watched this series of videos since the start but the thing that really annoys me is that there is no mention of these thieves being reported to the police, or have I missed that bit? I doubt some glitter and fart spray is going to deter these people!
I have seen a few of his videos, that show the police coming to the location of the stolen packages.

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Because of this it will only increase theft as if they see themselves on these videos it will be a badge of honor and street cred. Not about them being a horrible person. Hey look mom I'm on YouTube.

Just proof that we are circling the toilet bowl.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
How can farts be allergic when we all fart on a daily basis? I fart 120 times a day . Don’t ask how I know that. May be that’s why people stay 6 feet away from me

clearly I’m joking
You'd be surprised. We can't spray an air freshener in a shop over here in case someone's allergic to it. So if your local homeless person pays a visit, it's you and everyone who has to put up with it for the 1/2 hour afterwards.

If you sprayed it you'd breach H&S and if the shop got sued you'd probably get fired.

Same with bleach. We're not allowed to use bleach on floors. Only specified antibacterials is case someones allergic to the fumes.

Some do:

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You'd be surprised. We can't spray an air freshener in a shop over here in case someone's allergic to it. So if your local homeless person pays a visit, it's you and everyone who has to put up with it for the 1/2 hour afterwards.

If you sprayed it you'd breach H&S and if the shop got sued you'd probably get fired.

Same with bleach. We're not allowed to use bleach on floors. Only specified antibacterials is case someones allergic to the fumes.

Some do:

A guy shown in one of those videos was NOT the scammer or the bad guy, he was merely the owner of the Air B&B that a scammer had used as a drop. He was innocent and fully cooperated with the cops to further the cause of catching the bad guys. Once the glitterbomb ended up involved with phone scammers and literal Stacks of CASH in FedEx boxes, the cops became VERY interested.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Was this not reported as being fake about a year ago or more? Maybe it was another guy but I could have sworn I saw an article claiming the glitter bomb was fake news.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was this not reported as being fake about a year ago or more? Maybe it was another guy but I could have sworn I saw an article claiming the glitter bomb was fake news.
???? What about the vast collection of glitterbomb videos on his site seems .....fake?
Mark Rober's Channel

Glitterbombs, squirrel mazes, pee in the pool... over 633 MILLION views. If this guy is fake, he's the best faker ever!

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Some of it was staged in his early videos:

The guy wants to be half of the next Mythbuster duo I believe.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting read. I hadn't heard of it. I appears (if one is willing to take the apology as real) that the youtuber guy did not fake anything, but that people who agreed to help him then faked the package theft. This paints Rober as an unknowing victim; I'm not certain someone so obviously brilliant can 'play dumb' about human nature and not have noticed.
You would think he would have put together that offering money to them if it was stolen and recovered would inevitably produce the theft scenario.
I'm not sure, but it certainly does taint the story.
Apparently that whole episode happened a few years back? I'm hoping he's much more diligent now.

Last edited:

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Some of it was staged in his early videos:

The guy wants to be half of the next Mythbuster duo I believe.
While the early videos may have been partly staged, this guy is way past MythBusters. Their stuff looks like I built it in my basement compared to what he does - 3D printed structures, gas assisted top launcher, four phones for video, real time GPS tracking, the list goes on. Not to mention his squirrel maze....

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a couple years ago that I remember seeing this story and I was bummed when I heard that it wasn't 100% truthful.

He still seems to be a very good mechanical engineer and his other videos are very well done. But it left a bitter taste in my mouth personally for me. Fool me once and all that...