Theft or destruction of BI machine

Reaction score
I'm a novice BI user. BI moves files from NEW to STORED with a minimum interval of 1 hour or a minimum size of 1GB. Assume STORED is in a different location (room, remote NAS, geo address) than NEW. I think this means: the files for the current NEW processing time interval or xGBs are not captured at the STORED location. So, if the BI device is stolen or destroyed that data is not available. It is likely that the last 1 hour/GB is needed in such an event. Further, the size for NEW and the time interval used (if any) are likely much larger than the minimum. Is there a BI solution for this issue?

My current approach is to use the pCloud backup feature for the NEW folder to get near real-time backup of NEW and I do not 'like' this solution since it depends on an additional program.

I'm looking for other ideas on how to address this problem.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on the SD cards.

Also, if you have it hooked to a monitor, consider relocating the computer to a place not so obvious and then remote back into it and make it headless.

Plus many that have come here after being robbed said the robbers don't tend to take tower PC units. YMMV.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to keep a copy of your current continuous recorded files in Realtime, use a network drive, In BI create a clone camera of each camera you want to backup, record that camera to a network drive. I disable all processing on the clone camera.

I also use the SD card on select cameras.

Reaction score
Many here employ the use of SD cards in each of the cameras in addition to a BI server. If server fails or goes missing, SD card will contain limited recent footage for viewing
With cameras outside and out of easy reach, I guess I was shortsighted about SD cards. Unless the house burns down, that would provide access. Can I view the video on the SD from within BI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With cameras outside and out of easy reach, I guess I was shortsighted about SD cards. Unless the house burns down, that would provide access. Can I view the video on the SD from within BI?
Always time to add them LOL.

No you cannot view the SD cards from within BI. You need to log in to the camera GUI or use the app for the camera (s) you have.

Reaction score
Many here employ the use of SD cards in each of the cameras in addition to a BI server. If server fails or goes missing, SD card will contain limited recent footage for viewing
See my other response. It occurs to me that I only need SD cards on interior cameras (perhaps just the one 'watching' the BI server).

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I run a Dahua NVR that connects to the primary cameras, so I have continuous video backup on it for the last couple weeks.
That's my backup 1 and the SD cards are backup 2.