They Got Away With Whatever They Were Doing

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
WOW - at least you got great ID quality of their faces to give to the police.

But if they were searching for a vehicle, I would have thought they would have seen movement in that vehicle or something?
That's the 3.6mm version of the IPC-Color4K-T camera with a slight amount of fog accompanying the rain.

I looked at one camera pointed at the intersection to the east and another camera pointed at the intersection to the west. Both the suspect's auto and the police vehicle were traveling south until they reached the street I live on. The suspect's vehicle was driven into my block about two seconds before the police vehicle turned into my block with the overhead lights on. The suspect auto's left turn indicator came on immediately and the driver pulled into my driveway. They were watching that police vehicle and did not pull out of the driveway until the police vehicle had turned north at the intersection to the east where the suspect's vehicle had come from.

Yes, the timing could have been entirely coincidental. I'm amazed how often I don't have a license plate on the front and an unreadable one on the rear when the criminal types are busy at night.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The thing that surprises me is the police just really didn't seem interested.

I would have been looking at parked vehicles. As you said you had rain that night, and you can see the fresh tire marks they left. The police should have been able to see that indicating that car wasn't there all night.

But at the same time, the occupants didn't seem like they were trying to hide either.

1702522947905.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you send to police just in case it were the people they were looking for?

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you send to police just in case it were the people they were looking for?
No, I did not send the video along with a description to the police department. While the officer may have been driving around the area on patrol, I'd bet a few dollars that the car occupants were up to no good and had just seen that officer nearby. So act as normal as possible and hope the policeman doesn't stop and ask them how their morning is going.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
The audio noise filter on the camera has been off almost since the time I installed it.
Hmmm, that is what all mine sound like with the filter on ? So, I guess next question is, does it sound any different when you enable the filter?

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
The 4K-T suffers from "Microphonics" if the gain is too high.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm, that is what all mine sound like with the filter on ? So, I guess next question is, does it sound any different when you enable the filter?
No, it doesn't sound any different. I knew about the audio problem before I purchased the camera, so I was prepared in advance. It really doesn't matter. The video is darn good.