They needed another doorbell!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Called to install doorbell for a old customer. I was a bit confused when I approached the door. Yes, they all work! I added 1 more to add to the confusion.
what's the story behind this insanity?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
He probably puts one up every time someone knocks at the door instead of using a doorbell because he thinks the doorbell stopped working. The bad thing is that the more buttons he puts up, the more likely someone is to simply knock. This could turn into quite the business opportunity!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
You know everyday I wake up and just know this forum is going to show me something that is just too funny.

I’ve seen all kinds of collections from tools, cards, stamps, caps, cars, etc. We officially have living proof of a door bell collection!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe.....

All of the ones in the vertical column appear to be the wireless type, each one is for a specific ringer in a specific part of the house (still makes no sense).
-OR-
He doesn't know there's a battery in the push button as well as at the bell and he figures it just failed (but still, why not remove the "failed" button?)
-OR- (and most likely)
As @Robert hocevar said.... "his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor".:highfive:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think he it trying to discourage the door to door salesmen. They walk up to the door and get so confused, they say screw it. Only way to fight idiocy is with idiocy. This guy is not your normal idiot.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Heck a 2x6 and brackets screwed into the framing on each side of the opening would be easier, cheaper, faster and harder to break through

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Heck a 2x6 and brackets screwed into the framing on each side of the opening would be easier, cheaper, faster and harder to break through
Agreed, but the photo TonyR loaded is a free standing display / photoshop illustration. Still funny to see that a person took so much effort to prop something up and install dozens of locks. Or, took the time to photoshop the same and upload to the internet! :rofl:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, yeah...very true. However, I think it would be too simple and sensible though to satisfy some folks' OCD leanings.
TBH, I wouldn't consider French/double doors anyway if I was security conscious.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or, took the time to photoshop the same and upload to the internet! :rofl:
Yep, it's probable that even that can become excessive behavior,
I've heard that the Internet since circa 1990 has spawned a lot of new behavior.

"Use moderation is all things."
- TonyR 2021

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Paranoia strikes deep. Into your life it will creep. Starts when you're always afraid. Step out of line the men come, take you away.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard that the Internet since circa 1990 has spawned a lot of new behavior.
Oh, yeah, it's gotten out of hand, from what I read.

I've heard that one can, in the privacy of their own home, go online at 2 or 3 in the morning in their pajamas and order all kinds of great stuff...switches, IP cameras, routers, etc. I find that hard to believe. What has gotten into people?

And the forums and blogs is where many of the fanatics hang out. They talk about IP cameras, networks, politics, firearms and 2A, COVID mandates, LEO, and more.

Some of the more volatile extremists even reply to their own posts..... :rofl:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Paranoia strikes deep. Into your life it will creep. Starts when you're always afraid. Step out of line the men come, take you away.
What a field day for the heat (Ooh ooh ooh)
A thousand people in the street (Ooh ooh ooh)
Singing songs and they carrying signs (Ooh ooh ooh)
Mostly say, "Hooray for our side" (Ooh ooh ooh)