Thieves set off car alarm

crc2004

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My LPR camera couldn't get a read since their plates has been remove/altered. Enlarge and look at the upper middle. Audio quality and range is very good with the IPC-HDW5231R-Z camera.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you edit the actual break-in out of the video?
more likely they were recording only on motion. they stopped moving, it stopped recording. If you look at the timestamp there's around 15 seconds missing.

Last edited:

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, thanks.
Right, I was wondering what happened to those 15 seconds.

Last edited:

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
more likely recording on motion. they stopped moving, it stopped recording. If you look at the timestamp there's around 15 seconds missing.
:::facepalm::: No reason not to record 24/7 then setup the proper alerts to show motion when it occurs. Hard drives are cheap. You have been around awhile you should know this.... :)

Edit: this looks confusing I was talking to the OP sorry...

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
:::facepalm::: No reason not to record 24/7 then setup the proper alerts to show motion when it occurs. Hard drives are cheap. You have been around awhile you should know this.... :)

Edit: this looks confusing I was talking to the OP sorry...
I don't understand why someone would do only motion recording. Kind of defeats the purpose of having cameras if there is a chance you are going to miss something important.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only case I have to record on motion only is a remote property you may not visit for several weeks or more at a time with limited internet.

Hard drives are cheap. Try to remember what 20mb hard drives cost back in the day.

crc2004

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think my original post was a little confusing. The video is not from my LPR camera, it's from one of my "driveway cams".

Yes, you guys are correct, the missing 15 seconds is due to no motion. That camera was never intended to pick up activity 160 feet down the street, most of the year there are leaves on the trees which would block the view down the street.

After reading the comments on my post I'll most likely go to full time recording. thanks for the feedback.