Thinking of upgrading from EasyN

Setatone

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been running BI for about two years (up to date) - I live in a ground floor condo with a fenced in garden - I have one D-Link wifi camera inside looking out and an EasyN coach light looking thing (Ebay $120). Every 6 months or so the Easy N completely gives up it's wifi capability - I usually take it down, wire it up with an ethernet cable and go through a thousand forgettable troubleshooting measures until it works again.

I've inquired here before and If I recall - received the smackdown - "what are you buying cheap crap cameras for?" .

Can anyone suggest a model? Anyone suggest some tricks to wake up the EasyN?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wifi for cams can be very hit and miss.

When the EasyN stops working, have you tried power cycling your router instead?

Any of the Dahua Starlight model cams.

Setatone

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I have tried power cycling the modem. When this happened a couple of months ago I still had the box the EasyN came in - and I got the phone App up and running by scanning the bar code on the box. It always seemed the phone app could 'see' the camera when BI or a browser couldn't. I downloaded ONVIF just to see if I could get more insight into the camera - it said the camera appeared to have grabbed another IP address 192.168.2.11(port 81) instead of 10. - so I finally got it running wirelessly on my desk using the new IP - but when I powered it off and installed it outside on the fence - it forgot it's configuration again...that IP was DHCP not static - when it comes to port forwarding or messing with the router - I'm pretty dumb.

Setatone

n3wb
Reaction score
I never actually used any of the EasyN profiles in the Video set up in Blue Iris - I used Foscam as a brand - and kept trying until one worked...