This "chip" shortage is frustrating

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Might have to wait for my BI PC build thread. My Motherboard shipment date got pushed back from today into November. Can't find a MB anywhere that's 1/2 decent. Think it's the chip shortage.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It's hard to know. Publicly they're now saying through peaceful means. At the weekend they were practising beach landings.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes Sebastian, very sad. We want to be friends but the CC Party seemingly wants expansion and war. Shame for people's on both sides of the divide.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I read that Tesla had to shave off some corners to stay afloat amongst this shortage. There are some options unavailable to those customers that want to splurge more money on amenities.

Unless your a forward thinking company like Tesla, they've weathered the chip shortage without as much as a hiccup.
Their sales were up considerably in the last quarter, while the other auto makers had a terrible quarter.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought this video was talking about a shortage of Doritos :rofl:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The really sad part is that even if we moved chip production onshore, to the US, it will take three to five years just to get the plants built and the machinery in place. Then comes a fairly long testing period. Those machines are not exactly "plug and play".

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
The really sad part is that even if we moved chip production onshore, to the US, it will take three to five years just to get the plants built and the machinery in place. Then comes a fairly long testing period. Those machines are not exactly "plug and play".
shortage last forever... like covid 19 bullshit

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably true but better to move it now before the wrost happens than leave it until it does and have 5 years without.

A smart Tawianese company will do exactly that - build factories abroad and have plans for the destruction of thos in Taiwan should the worst happen. The worst that can happen for the company should it not is it either has more production capacity - surly not a problem atm or a mothballed facility abroad that yes cost a lot of money but is there to cover all types of disasters, natural and otherwise.