this may slow down the vandalism

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I posted about a week ago about having cameras taken out with a hammer in a apartment building .ceilings are very low and did not have many options on mounting cameras to keep them out of reach. I found a few smoke detector cages in my shop and made a trim ring so the camera would fit. the camera is mounted to the ceiling with 3 toggle bolts as well as the cage. If they try to rip these down the entire ceiling is coming down as well. The manager has the video of the tenant that is responsible for the damage. so hopefully it doesn't happen again.I finished this job yesterday and they already want more cameras in the laundry room. Some maggot took a dump in the washing machine! Here is a picture of the cage I built for one of the cameras. Not pretty but it should slow them down a littlecamera cage.jpg

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Hehe. It will be entertaining to see you post pictures of what they do to that!

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I posted about a week ago about having cameras taken out with a hammer in a apartment building .ceilings are very low and did not have many options on mounting cameras to keep them out of reach. I found a few smoke detector cages in my shop and made a trim ring so the camera would fit. the camera is mounted to the ceiling with 3 toggle bolts as well as the cage. If they try to rip these down the entire ceiling is coming down as well. The manager has the video of the tenant that is responsible for the damage. so hopefully it doesn't happen again.I finished this job yesterday and they already want more cameras in the laundry room. Some maggot took a dump in the washing machine! Here is a picture of the cage I built for one of the cameras. Not pretty but it should slow them down a littleView attachment 86407
It does not seem to be connected to the stud, a curl bar pull will drop the whole drywall.

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It does not seem to be connected to the stud, a curl bar pull will drop the whole drywall.
I use 2 3/8 x3 lag bolts in the stud and 2 1/4 toggle bolts. Yes they will tear this down eventually and then it is out of my hands. They did hire a security guard so that may help. The new owner is pretty serious about cleaning this place up. I was hired the day that he bought the buildings. He knows whats in store for him. This is by far the worst area in Cleveland