Those "professional" security providers - a question

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have no experience with companies like ADT or Eagle and I don't hear good things from people who have experienced them.... my question is, when they install camera systems, do they monitor those cameras or have access to those cameras?

Other than low quality proprietary equipment and quite possibly less than acceptable installation, what do you think or know of their 24 monitoring system.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have no experience with companies like ADT or Eagle and I don't hear good things from people who have experienced them.... my question is, when they install camera systems, do they monitor those cameras or have access to those cameras?

Other than low quality proprietary equipment and quite possibly less than acceptable installation, what do you think or know of their 24 monitoring system.
I don't have much experience with cameras installed by them, but in most cases it's just a fairly typical dvr/nvr and cameras (underwhelming for the price paid). They aren't generally providing 24/7 monitoring of cameras, but things can be set up so they can view the cameras if the alarm system is going off (alarm verification). IDK if they can handle VPN credentials of just use port forwarding (quite insecure). They also have some motion detectors with built in extremely low quality cameras that send low res snapshots during an alarm event.