Thoughts and opinions

Malaki

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone I've been scouring these and other forums for weeks and reading until my eyes bleed. Like many I had a break in and want some video security going forward. I think I've narrowed down what I'm going to get but looking for a few thoughts and opinions on the following hardware.

6 - DS-2CD2335-I turrets, 2@2.8mm for the doors and 4@4mm lenses for around the outside of the house, perhaps 1 indoors.
1 - DS-7616NI-E2/8P - for the extra bandwith/price the 16ch seems like a good choice.

About the only concern I have is the night viewing on the 3MP cams but as this is my first setup, I wont have anything else to go by and they do say "Ignorance is bliss!" Everything will be POE and as I'm an electrician by trade, the cabling should be a no brainer to run to my media closet.

Any thoughts or opinions before I start ordering? TIA

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the link but as I'm in Canada, Newegg takes me directly to the .ca site and that is not available up here :(
well, then you'll end up paying about twice the price buying all separate, but at least go with 2MP or 4MP, 3MP is older tech.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, almost forgot, make sure to check out Huisun Mini PTZ if night vision is important to you ;)

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Malaki, if you are able to purchase from Costco you really can't go wrong with what is effectively their LIFETIME FOREVER return policy. The $1,099.99 system below is reasonably priced and this "Swann" system is actually Hikvision Western Region equipment which has been rebranded with the Swann name. I run many of these very same cameras and they are really good cameras. The advertised "115' night vision" is an exaggeration but you will be able (with purchase of a PoE switch) to add additional cameras to this system in the future...

Swann 16-Channel HD IP NVR with 3TB HDD, 8 3MP Cameras with 115' Night Vision