Thoughts on new camera; Dahua 42212TNI ?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I haven't had an auto tracking camera yet but from what I've read you can set up auto tracking to trigger/track based on schedules, zones, sensitivity, etc. I don't really *need* it but for home security purposes I am interested in it from that aspect.

DmaxDually

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah.. I've watched some YouTube video test of auto tracking cameras.If somebody comes on your property and is walking around, depending on the placement of the camera, as long as they are in the cameras view it will follow them (Track) where every they walk. I think this would be a good feature to have. But if you live on a busy street your camera will be moving all over the place non stop. The PTZ and auto focusing motors would probably burn out... :)

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah.. I've watched some YouTube video test of auto tracking cameras.If somebody comes on your property and is walking around, depending on the placement of the camera, as long as they are in the cameras view it will follow them (Track) where every they walk. I think this would be a good feature to have. But if you live on a busy street your camera will be moving all over the place non stop. The PTZ and auto focusing motors would probably burn out... :)
While I live on a cul-de-sac, the street can be fairly busy at times. I plan on setting a zone to kick off auto-track if someone crosses a line in my yard or in my driveway and to basically 'ignore' the street traffic.

DmaxDually

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm new to the surveillance camera world. I have a lot of learning to do about camera abilities, options and setting plus IP NVRs before I start buying and putting my system together. That's why I joined this forum and doing a lot of reading. I know what I want the system to do and what I want to cover. I have a 2 story home in a residential neighborhood. So far I'm thinking using about 10 4K motorized focal Turrets like the IPC-HDW5830R-Z to mount on my upper eves, approx 18 to 20' up to get good daytime hi rez overall wide coverage of the property on all sides. Then using about 8, 2MP motorized starlight Turrets like the IPC-HDW5231R-Z on my 1st floor eves, approx 7 to 8' up, to cover my driveway, front porch and door, side gate, and back sliding glass doors. Then either 2, SD49225T-HN or SD49225T PTZ. 1 on the front corner 2 floor eve and one on the back corner. Then looking at the 24 channel 4k NVR. Dahua model number N54A4P but the model number Empire city, Andy's website is NVR5424-24P-4KS2 . They seem to be the same just different model numbers.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've got 11 cameras, no two alike, all with different abilities/features & manufacturers depending on what I need them to do (critter cam, owl cam, front security, etc.). I use Blue Iris on a dedicated computer instead of a NVR because I like the flexibility of BI and I have the option of setting up alerts/triggers in BI or in the case of the "better" cameras I can use their own trigger/alerts and BI can be configured to record when those are triggered. I also use the dedicated computer (running 24/7) for other stuff, like a weather system, automatic backups of some network shares, etc. You're taking the right approach... read forums, research, ask questions, etc. Closed NVR systems vs BI type systems both have advantages and disadvantages. My initial purchases were never PTZ due to cost 7-8 years ago and the price point wasn't good for home systems. Now, every camera I replace will most likely be PTZ (probably). If you get any IR cameras, flying bugs are attracted to the IR light and make for many false positives, so ask me about how I fixed that problem if you end up with any IR cams.

DmaxDually

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm just starting out and this is my first system that is why I am going with all Dahua cameras and PoE NVR to avoid any installation or compatibility issues. I can spend a A few years learning settings and such then down the road when I am up to speed on in depth setting I can switch to a dedicated computer running Blue Iris.