Thoughts on new DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 4MP PTZ?

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have any water issues with this camera? A few reviews on amazon say water gets in.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Defelitly yes. Had more then 10 cases in which water came in.
Strange part is hikvision still keeps on saying its ip66 or even ip67.
The new models with the built in mic have better housing. Black rubber changed now fits better. No issues with this new model till now

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The new models with the built in mic have better housing. Black rubber changed now fits better. No issues with this new model till now
Does the newer one have a new part #?

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The black rubber ring fits better.
The newer model is the one that has wifi and a mic because other wise i can't see any change?

Model # DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3W
old model that leaks? DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3W and would like to know if there is any way I can program a scene in a preset? I'm trying to use BI to control the night/day and wdr function but can't find a way to do that using a http cgi command so I thought if there was a way to accomplish this by setting up a scene and adding it to preset, that would solve my problem (unless someone has a better idea). Thx

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3W and would like to know if there is any way I can program a scene in a preset? I'm trying to use BI to control the night/day and wdr function but can't find a way to do that using a http cgi command so I thought if there was a way to accomplish this by setting up a scene and adding it to preset, that would solve my problem (unless someone has a better idea). Thx

This unit doesn't have pattern, patrol or smart tracking so not going to be able to program a scene. You can do presets but won't be able to have it do anything automatically. Just select the preset manually and it goes to that position. Park position works though for when you are playing with the PTZ functions and it will go back to the park position after a preselected time with no movement.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lewic, I'm not sure if I'm following you on not programming a scene... I have two scenes programmed on the camera's GUI (day and night). My day scene turns off IR and WDR on @ 50%, my night scene turns on IR and WDR off. At the moment I use the scheduling on the camera to turn on my scenes but it's done by a basic schedule with no regard to actual dawn/dusk times based on the time of the year. If I could utilize Blue Iris to manage my day/night scenes or even trigger IR, WDR, etc., directly then BI could handle proper times based on time of year for dawn/dusk.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lewic, I'm not sure if I'm following you on not programming a scene... I have two scenes programmed on the camera's GUI (day and night). My day scene turns off IR and WDR on @ 50%, my night scene turns on IR and WDR off. At the moment I use the scheduling on the camera to turn on my scenes but it's done by a basic schedule with no regard to actual dawn/dusk times based on the time of the year. If I could utilize Blue Iris to manage my day/night scenes or even trigger IR, WDR, etc., directly then BI could handle proper times based on time of year for dawn/dusk.

Okay. We are talking about something totally different. I am not familiar with BI to help with that. Sorry.

medtech1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have four of these... one under a large canopy roof had water get in... I'm really frustrated with this as two of them I bought as spares (I can't return them). I wonder how best to seal them better so they won't leak.

Craig Conrad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone have any water issues with this camera? A few reviews on amazon say water gets in.
I just got TWO (out of two that I bought from B&H for $95 each) of mine back from warranty repair due to water inside of them. They had lasted about 4 months. One was generally exposed to the elements, while the other was at least 8" away from the roof line. Died within two weeks of one another. One even had ants in it! The warranty service was handled well without any pushback, and I had my cameras back in about 5 weeks. Other than the water issue, I like the cameras.

I only re-installed one of them, as I had already purchased a different camera to replace one. So, I have a spare. I will hope they fixed them better than new upon return...?

Craig Conrad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Craig Conrad: did you get warranty through B&H?
I didn't pay for any additional warranty when I bought it, but purchases of that camera (maybe all Hikvision cameras bought there, but I'm not sure of that) from B&H have their warranty processed through B&H. I just called them with my original order numbers (each camera was purchased on separate order about 1 week apart) and they sent out a pre-paid label and it all went quite smoothly. I have been very pleased with all my B&H interactions.

medtech1

n3wb
Reaction score
I disassembled the camera that leaked. That black collar that covers the IR can be carefully removed, and gives access to four screws. Note, use a small screwdriver between the black collar and the white top base. The large top base is metal, and the bottom is plastic, so I'm thinking it was unlikely the leak occurred on that seal.

Since ours had only been leaking a day or so, we were able to dry it out easily. The gasket on the clear dome appeared to be where the water came in, so we added a thin layer of silicone on both sides of that seal. There is a black plastic retainer that holds the clear dome in place with numerous, but very small screws (there is room to add a larger bead of silicone around the clear dome that is covered by the black retainer as well. We also added a thin layer of silicone on the top main seal... so, yes, it will be hard to open, but hope the leak is fixed. Also, ours is located about 3 feet from the edge of a 12ft x 14ft canopy, so only wind driven rain would get near it.

Encryptme

n3wb
Reaction score
I use curl and leave in colour at night and slow the shutter down to let more light in, I do have a bit of street lighting here and it’s fairly motion free too so works well for me.
Does anyone what curl is and what kind of setting would create an effect like this? Also is motion hindered by this effect?

xyz%

n3wb
Reaction score
For anyone thinking of buying this camera, don't bother. It was sold off cheap by UK distributers when the installers realised you can walk up to it and twist it with the strength of a 4 year old and walk away with the camera in your pocket. The mounting system is plastic and cheap and IK10 is a complete joke or even misprint. Daytime performance is standard and nightime is very poor. Took ours down and relocated inside were it can't be stolen.