Thoughts on sidewalk angle

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Am assuming the IN is the existing ethernet cable connecting to the switch. There's an OUT and a CAMERA, where both can feed a camera? Curious, too, on the companion PFT1200 unit, which allows up to 3 cameras and a higher range.

The sales page says:

"The PFT1300 PoE Extender from Dahua Technology extends Ethernet network connections beyond the distance limits of PoE. When used in conjunction with the PFT1200 High PoE midspan, this range extender offers level 2 PoE cascading, and can connect up to 3 network cameras to deliver a maximum transmission range of 984'."

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are correct on both. Although I have used in testing purposes cascading the unit with no problem.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Wondering if the PFT1300 PoE extender unit can accommodate two types of power requirements, one for a Dahua using PoE+ and the other a Ubiquiti G3 needing 24v passive?

The specs on the unit say power consumption is <= 3 W. My existing Dahua Z5 is currently consuming 3.06 W, so I am also wondering if the unit would be able to power up an additional PoE camera?

Dahua specs:
Update: Went ahead and ordered this unit on AMZN, A reseller wrote that the wattage of <=3 W refers to the unit's own consumption, and that 8 W for each camera or device is the max the unit can manage. One reviewer said the unit does not do well in power blips, as these events require re-plugging one device at a time to allow successful reboots.

Last edited: