Three Year Old Dahua Acting Up

joqhith

n3wb
Reaction score
Cam in question: Dahua IPC-HDW2231R-ZS

Purchased this cam on, 09/23/2019 from (Empiretech/Mr Andy Wong). The transaction was flawless, as Mr Wong is a joy to work with.

First some background of my setup: Have 2 IPC cams, going into a GS308P, then into PC, to BlueIris.

This setup has worked flawlessly since purchasing both cams.

The issue is, just recently, the cam has started giving the following error message: Error: 80002746 (Socket error: 10054) 0, (see attachments).

The cam is on for roughly 4 minutes, then shuts off for 5 minutes, on 4, off 5, etc.

I have attempted a plethora of troubleshooting in an attempt at repairing the situation.

Started by downloading the latest, Configtool v5.001, and tried to reset the cam in questions IP. After following extensive IP changing instructions, found on the Dahua website, no go. Configtool sees both of my cams, but when I go to change the IP, which is the default 108, the program just returns to the home screen, doing nothing. And if I hit refresh, it shows the cam again as 108, nothing happened.

Unplugged the cam from the GS308P so as to kill all power to the cam. Left unplugged a day or two. When I hook it back up, it is right back where it was again.

The cam in question is in a very insurmountable location, that I was able to physically reach three or four years ago when I wore a younger man’s cloths, second floor, attic which is three feet high, if that, lay on back, jimmy the length of the house on your back to get to the cam at the other side of the house. Having said that, I can’t get to it to do a, “hard” factory reset. Was hoping there was a command string, for just such situations, whereby one can do a factory reset by command line instead. Although I have yet to find such a string.

Kicked around the idea that maybe a rat bit into the line, in the attic, but, if that were the case, the unit would not come on for four minutes at all like it does.

BI can get into the cam, and get it to work for 4 on, 5 off, but, if I attempt to access the cam from a browser, as I have done for years to make setting changes, the browser no longer connects. As if it never connects with the cam, but again, BI can/does.

Also, in things I have found while Googling, the other thing I have not tried yet, was to drop back to a older version of BI. Read somewhere, someone with my same issue did that, and it worked.

Cam is only what, three years old. Been through three or so winters so far. Surly they have a better track record than this

Screenshot 2024-01-16 131943.pngSnag_5210721.png

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
After following extensive IP changing instructions, found on the Dahua website, no go. Configtool sees both of my cams, but when I go to change the IP, which is the default 108, the program just returns to the home screen, doing nothing. And if I hit refresh, it shows the cam again as 108, nothing happened.
Just in case you missed it, before changing the IP address, you have to go back to Search Setting and update the password. Kind of a 'gotcha' feature of Config Tool. This does not negate the suggestions in the prior posts. Different issue.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If no joy from any of the above (my bet is on a chewed cable or bad connection/corrosion), consider the below API since you said you were not able to reach the cam physically. I have not tried it and it may not work with your cam:

Dahau-factory-reset-API.jpg

Last edited:

alekk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ditto what @joqhith (and @wittaj) said about "cable termination/corrosion issue" ... especially if you don't have the connections WELL protected from the elements.

I'm guessing you have a female-female connection that joins the Ethernet cables somewhere up there (totally "get it" that it might be a PIA to get to it - LOL on "younger man’s cloths") ... so ... if you can get access, take a look ... bet you see some corrosion.