Thrilled with my custom Dahua Setup!

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Where did you get the gutter mount? I've not seen those/
That's a typical pole mount bracket. The diameter of the clamp that came with the mount was too big so I grabbed a smaller one from home depot. I did two 'gutter' cams and they still make me chuckle- they actually were fun to install and even more so, easy to do. I was so exhausted by then I really needed two easy ones.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a typical pole mount bracket. The diameter of the clamp that came with the mount was too big so I grabbed a smaller one from home depot. I did two 'gutter' cams and they still make me chuckle- they actually were fun to install and even more so, easy to do. I was so exhausted by then I really needed two easy ones.
That's a good idea. Would have saved me some time and trouble had I thought of it. lol

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
All you need is a piece of aluminum flat stock, cut to length, and a couple of stainless 1/4-20 bolts and nuts to make a bracket for a downspout or just about anything else you want to mount a camera on.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
All you need is a piece of aluminum flat stock, cut to length, and a couple of stainless 1/4-20 bolts and nuts to make a bracket for a downspout or just about anything else you want to mount a camera on.
True. It's all what you're willing to do. I just opted to buy a bracket with the right fit for the camera.

Reaction score
The next camera to add to my 'growing addiction' will be a fish-eye camera in my garage. It is a Dahua IPC-EW4431-ASW 4 MP. Didn't need anything fancy, just mostly to see if the doors were open or not (have the tailwind app and devices, but there times that it glitches, but mostly the family:) and in general just to check it out. It of course will be POE....looking forward to it. Will post some pics when I get it up and installed.

As stated here are two pics of the fish-eye Camera in my garage. I am completely satisfied with it. I do need to staighten it out, but still pretty awesome and super easy to install.Screenshot_20201113-083526.jpgScreenshot_20201113-083602.jpgo install.

Last edited:

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
We have a Ring doorbell, too, and the thing is useless for communicating. By the time the app responds to a request to connect so that I can activate the microphone icon, the doorbell-ringer has already walked away down the street.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
There's also a rapid ring app. It's supposed to be faster. I haven't tried it yet. The times I actually have needed to communicate through my doorbell have been zero thus far. Solicitation has dropped considerably as of late so the desire to even communicate that I'm not interested, as opposed to just not coming to the door, has been nonexistent. But live feed comes up quickly for me. Anyone who really is waiting for me to come to the door waits a lot longer than it takes to pop up live view. Aside from ring and run deliveries, if you can't get a live view up within 5 seconds tops than something isn't working right. And if you're using a battery doorbell, which sucks, I'm not surprised there is responsive issues. Never use battery doorbells. I have a ring pro with no power at the door so I ran the power adapter to it. Works like a charm.

Reaction score
Honestly, I couldn't be happier with my setup right now. Oh sure, YES I would love some PTZ's...but now is not the time for us financially. Need to add one more on the right side of the house and we are good. Love my setup and love this forum. And as stated before....freak'n shocked how many critters poop in my backyard! :)

Reaction score
Finally added my last camera. Yes, that's right, LAST position to add a camera. It certainly will not be my last camera, as I am alway's looking for upgrades, deals, ect. But, I am thrilled with my setup and more importantly, so is my WIFE! :) She is so hooked on it now...she doesn't like to admit it, but when a camera is down, I get the, 'What happened to the camera at .__?' So mission accomplished! This has been a hoot and a whole lot of fun (minus being a attic rat/monkey), along with gaining new friends and knowledge. Thank you all for your help and assistance and I hope I can return the favors some day. Because of the hard freeze we had, I am not expecting any of my large shrubs or bushes to make it. That really sucks. Regardless, this is my last position I needed to cover. Backyard is still a little messy, as I just finished building my fence and need to get everything cleaned up. just waiting for it to dry completely before I can stain it.

Screenshot_20210305-082147.jpg

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Same here with the neighbors, but when I showed them this picture and that person was arrested(stole a laptop from one of my neighbors), they were shocked. My next door neighbor is a policeman, and he has a brand new system. He only had a side shot of the car, not helpful at all.
This is from my phone, through ui3.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Finally added my last camera. Yes, that's right, LAST position to add a camera. It certainly will not be my last camera, as I am alway's looking for upgrades, deals, ect. But, I am thrilled with my setup and more importantly, so is my WIFE! :) She is so hooked on it now...she doesn't like to admit it, but when a camera is down, I get the, 'What happened to the camera at .__?' So mission accomplished! This has been a hoot and a whole lot of fun (minus being a attic rat/monkey), along with gaining new friends and knowledge. Thank you all for your help and assistance and I hope I can return the favors some day. Because of the hard freeze we had, I am not expecting any of my large shrubs or bushes to make it. That really sucks. Regardless, this is my last position I needed to cover. Backyard is still a little messy, as I just finished building my fence and need to get everything cleaned up. just waiting for it to dry completely before I can stain it.

View attachment 84030
The coloring looks off? Have you dialed it in yet or have a backlight setting on? And trim that bush/tree right in front of the camera LOL.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a screen cap from my phone, so not the best. It actually look really great on my monitor. As for the bushes, as I said, I think they are all goners regardless.
Awesome, yep a few of mine look like crap on mobile too for some reason.