Thrust into this world!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New here and for the most part to ip cameras too. We recently welcomed a baby girl onto this world and am now looking at ip cams to use as a baby monitor. Came across this site during my preliminary research, seems like a good place to start.

Tyler

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi.

Assuming you just want something inexpensive and easy, I suggest this: http://amzn.com/B0778SF9Q5

or this: http://amzn.com/B0145OQTPG

It should be a Dahua camera rebranded by Amcrest, and it has a similar feature set to a baby monitor (although a real baby monitor would typically come with its own standalone display/speaker unit, I believe).

Note that wifi cameras can have a devastating effect on your wifi network quality while they are streaming, as they often use older and slower wifi standards that require more air time. If it isn't stable enough, you may need to run a network cable to the camera.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't expect such responses, thanks.

I am no stranger to tech, so if there is a better set up that just has a more involved set up process, I'm all ears! Pan and tilt remotely would be nice, but it will be full time at a crib, so it should be good once I set it

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The "better setup" is running a network cable and not using wifi for the camera. Those pan/tilt cameras should be pretty hard to beat for the price.

Reaction score
I've got a few Ethernet over power adapters, so we are good on that front. I was just thinking maybe there was a less "newb friendly" route that would have better end up with better performance. But cool, those you posted are well under budget! I had already looked on Amazon but was overwhelmed with all the options. Reviews aren't always the most helpful because you don't know how knowledgeable the reviewer is, they might be spouting off bs or not know any better.

Thanks a bunch.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a few Ethernet over power adapters, so we are good on that front. I was just thinking maybe there was a less "newb friendly" route that would have better end up with better performance. But cool, those you posted are well under budget! I had already looked on Amazon but was overwhelmed with all the options. Reviews aren't always the most helpful because you don't know how knowledgeable the reviewer is, they might be spouting off bs or not know any better.

Thanks a bunch.
Smaller in size.
Review-Dahua IPC-K35A 3mp Cube Camera | IP Cam Talk