Tiandy TC-NC514 (SUPER STARLIGHT)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Tiandy TC-NC514 (SUPER STARLIGHT) anyone got one of these and is it just another Chinese piece of junk? They do have a lot of camera's in their range and plenty to choose from and I must admit the quality of the night shots are astounding.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing special. Stick with Dahua or Hikvision, less headaches
More megapixel is not necessarily better, there is less light per pixel

junk.jpg

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Yes those are beautiful shots in that video. But there is a lot of light. Almost the whole video is of the colored fountains. If I want video of colored fountains, I'll use my video camera.

Would like to see a night shot of a driveway with just a street lamp 60 feet away and two 40 watt porch lights while a guy with a ball cap walks quickly up to the car, tries the door handle, and walks away. Can you ID the guy with their camera? That is what I want, not colored fountains.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I have never heard of the Brand until today and wouldn't buy one until I saw some proper reviews. I do understand Pixels are not everything as in I would much prefer my 2mp Dahua Starlight than my 8mp at night. I do think Dahua have a small quality control issue at the moment as I have had to return one of the new 4 series PTZ camera's with what I can only describe as a grinding noise when trying to return to preset.

I will be looking at the new SD5A425XA-HNR with its nice sensor and Starlight+ PFA and AT to mention a few.